Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

Trails are primo but the picker walls are closing in - I'll do a clipping hike/jog next time I'm there. It's really bad.

And there is a HUGE tree down on new shoes - direct hit - a real mess:

13108638_242181699493738_708720933_n.jpg

Also forgot to mention that dead leaner on the last switchback of new shoes has to go too, it's so low I could barely squeeze under

if anyone knows of any spots that need to be clipped back along the trail post them up. pricker bushes are out in force.

Turning dusty already. Good news - tree down on new shoes completely cleared, and that leaning woodpecker tree is finally gone. Bad news - a big poison ivy vine fell onto the white trail about 0.1 miles past marker 9:

media

Another small section of that big tree came down in the same spot as above, still rideable but I cleaned it out today:

13551644_1114844281907083_1117861170_n.jpg

There's a bigger tree down on red on the north side of the pipeline- a bigger hand saw could probably clear it - my silky would've taken an hour of hacking

there is a tree down a couple turn to the south of the troll bridge.
another one near the new connector re-route on the lower trail -

conditions are primo - no dust. no mud. just rocks, and gravity.

Another small section of that big tree came down in the same spot as above, still rideable but I cleaned it out today:

13551644_1114844281907083_1117861170_n.jpg

There's a bigger tree down on red on the north side of the pipeline- a bigger hand saw could probably clear it - my silky would've taken an hour of hacking
Glad to see yer puttin' that Silky to work! Nice job cleanin up!

could someone in Belle Mead or the general Hillsborough area post here in the morning as to whether or not the sourlands will be OK to ride after this rain? I have a dentist appointment in the area and want to hit some rocks afterwards, but I don't want to be slipping all over the place.

could someone in Belle Mead or the general Hillsborough area post here in the morning as to whether or not the sourlands will be OK to ride after this rain? I have a dentist appointment in the area and want to hit some rocks afterwards, but I don't want to be slipping all over the place.

I'm on it

just enough rain went through to keep down the dust, but not make the rocks slippery.
bugs were non-existent when moving.

took a rose whip to the lip - saw it coming too. spaced out. had to pull out a thorn while moving.

rode the new re-route of the center C trail (white triangle) - nice job there. screwed up the climb from the pipeline tho (again)

just enough rain went through to keep down the dust, but not make the rocks slippery.
bugs were non-existent when moving.

took a rose whip to the lip - saw it coming too. spaced out. had to pull out a thorn while moving.

rode the new re-route of the center C trail (white triangle) - nice job there. screwed up the climb from the pipeline tho (again)

Yeah, rode there Sunday before last and got to ride the re-route on C. Great job by J-Dro and the rest of the crew. Hopefully I'll make it out for a maintenance day one of these days. Been slacking.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions