Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

Wobbegong

i just want to ride my squishy :cry: this rain sucks!

Why? I like watching you do 30 mph on the fixie. You look like the road runner with your legs spinning so fast.... :D

roadrunner.gif

VanDbtRiver

Why? I like watching you do 30 mph on the fixie. You look like the road runner with your legs spinning so fast.... :D

roadrunner.gif

that's an avatar if i've ever seen one;) I am looking to hit this place up once or twice before the weekend. Not gonna be able to do a "crack of dawn clarkenstein" ride though, more like 5pm-dark either tues and or thurs.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i gotta see what work and the weather dishes out this week, but if it stays relatively mellow on both ends - i may be able to sneak out early and ride on thursday. if you're up for some slow-a$$ company, let me know.

THATmanMANNY

why? cause spinning like that makes my bouncing bum ache!

Lets play it by weather/conditions. I'll be down for thurs evening.

J-Dro

If the weather cooperates (unlikely) and if I can get out of work at a decent hour, I'll try to join you guys. I probably won't be able get there til closer to 5:30 though, so I'll play catch up.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
i'm with jeff - 5:30ish (maybe a little earlier) will be more likely for me. if i'm playing catch up - do you guys start off going clockwise?

jeff's right - weather doesn't look all that wonderful. finger crossed.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
based on today's forecast and the rains that have already run through i'm gonna bail on tomorrow.

THATmanMANNY

You are probably right and I'm a no go as well. :( It rained a ton in boro and it hailed in Franklin for a bit. Some rain in for thurs morn too.

EDIT: BUT IF ANYONE IS UP FOR AN EVENING ROAD RIDE! HOLLER!!!!!

Last edited:

J-Dro

The Sourlands got 2+ inches of rain in the past 48 hours.
icon13.gif

We need a good old fashioned summer drought.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
For the regulars, Any idea what it might be like tomorrow?

I'm not so sure how this place does after rain, don't want to screw it up.

Tim

J-Dro

For the regulars, Any idea what it might be like tomorrow?

I'm not so sure how this place does after rain, don't want to screw it up.

Tim

I did a road ride in the Sourland hills today. There is still a lot of standing water everywhere. Drainage is pretty slow due in this area to the clay soil. My advice would be to give it another day to dry out.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Jeff,

Will do, I guess RV is the spot, even though I'm not feeling the love for that place. :D

Tim

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions