Sourlands Fun Ride - 6/7

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
teasing ya - i know you want to hit it hard.
i'd like to spend some time learning the the lines through the rocks going uphill near roaring brook...don't do enough 'stop and learn' - so that would be fun.

rick81721

Lothar
teasing ya - i know you want to hit it hard.
i'd like to spend some time learning the the lines through the rocks going uphill near roaring brook...don't do enough 'stop and learn' - so that would be fun.

Same here. I cleaned one small section there for the first time last night - whenever I do that, no matter how small feature is, I consider it a win for the ride. But the second part right after I have no clue - even had an audience (a hiking couple) and didn't want to make a fool out of myself even trying it.

rick81721

Lothar
PS watched @J-Dro ride across the creek bed on white after the pipeline (going clockwise) - also had an audience of hikers. He almost cleaned it - at least now I know theoretically how to do it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
PS watched @J-Dro ride across the creek bed on white after the pipeline (going clockwise) - also had an audience of hikers. He almost cleaned it - at least now I know theoretically how to do it.

seems harder in that direction...

Mountain Bike Mike

I was watching a video @BiknBen posted of him riding one of the rock gardens just after the pipeline... the video made it look easy. When I tried to ride it on Sunday, in person that thing is a monster bitch of a line. I walked it after 5 failed attempts :(

but to my defense, it was raining and slick as shit. Maybe if it was dry, I'd have a better shot at it.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I was watching a video @BiknBen posted of him riding one of the rock gardens just after the pipeline... the video make it look easy. When I tried to ride it on Sunday, in person that thing is a monster bitch of a line. I walked it after 5 failed attempts :(

but to my defense, it was raining and slick as shit. Maybe if it was try, I'd have a better shot at it.
Remember he has 20+ years of riding there...

phillychris498

Sourlands is the best, and trying lines with other people makes it much better. I'm in for these rides. I've found that if you cant make it to sourlands during the week, you can still avoid the hikers if you get there at sunrise on the weekends. If anyone would be interested in a super early morning saturday ride thatd be a good time to meet too

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sourlands is the best, and trying lines with other people makes it much better. I'm in for these rides. I've found that if you cant make it to sourlands during the week, you can still avoid the hikers if you get there at sunrise on the weekends. If anyone would be interested in a super early morning saturday ride thatd be a good time to meet too

this is when i'm there - early early early. its nice to not have to worry about your speed because you know no one is around.

Off The Road Again

Manny caught some good footage in his review video...

Great video showing the lot's of fun of Sourlands! Made it look way too easy, some day I may be able to ride like that, lol. Hey - if you like the goods of SL, check out Sprain Ridge, NY - some fun rock features off main trails. Small park but has a lot of fun stuff.

Top Bottom