Sourlands Fun Ride - 6/7

Mountain Bike Mike

Anyone interested in joining me for a loop around Sourlands trails this afternoon... Wheels down 4:45pm. Pace will be very casual - 6mph avg. Roughly 6 - 8 miles, 1 - 2 hours depending on how long we spend playing around in the techy stuff - trying different lines and goofing off in the rocks.

I plan on arriving in the parking lot off East Mountain Rd around 4:30 - 4:45pm.

@rick81721 @fidodie @clarkenstein @BrianGT3

rick81721

Lothar
Hey Mike I was planning on going for a picker clipping ride but I can't get there that early. Hope to see you there!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
that's too early for me - but when i get home i should be able to get out. no baseball today. i'll probably be there by 6 if i can get out.

Mountain Bike Mike

Crap - I don't have baseball tonight either - YAY

I may end up solo on this one - I can't be home that late, I need to help my oldest son with a project...

I will most likely do the loop clockwise and circling back doing smaller loops - I hope to see you guys out there.

BrianGT3

I think I can do this one if I can wrap up my project. Question is do I take XC bike or Enduro?

BrianGT3

Bring tubes and co2 for ninja lines! Taking it easy sounds good, otherwise I'd hammer down some segments and try to poach my friend's KOM's.

Big Al

Sounds like fun. I can't go today but I'd be into it if I could. I usually need to know the night before so I can bring my bike and stuff with me to work so I don't have to go home to get it.

Mountain Bike Mike

Sounds like fun. I can't go today but I'd be into it if I could. I usually need to know the night before so I can bring my bike and stuff with me to work so I don't have to go home to get it.

Was thinking of trying to make this a regular thing but with all things LIFE, I can't commit... BUT - if I plan to ride it, I'll try to let everyone know the day before. Today's decision was made at 6:30am

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
a heads up wood definitely make it easier. i have some summer fridays coming up so if you can play hooky i'll be up for riding the SL then.

Mountain Bike Mike

Yeah man - sorry for the last minute notice... It was a long shot throwing this out there...

For the future rides, maybe we can throw something out on the forum like the "Fun Monday at CR" or "CR Thursdays"...

"Sourland Sessions"

and any time anyone is planning on riding it, post up and see if anyone can make it. SL is not my home trails so I don't want step on the local's toes... What do you think?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Yeah man - sorry for the last minute notice... It was a long shot throwing this out there...

For the future rides, maybe we can throw something out on the forum like the "Fun Monday at CR" or "CR Thursdays"...

"Sourland Sessions"

and any time anyone is planning on riding it, post up and see if anyone can make it. SL is not my home trails so I don't want step on the local's toes... What do you think?

i'm on board with that. i'm gonna probably start up my insanely popular dirt-before-work rides again once school lets out.

but sourlands sessions sounds good to me. i need me some peer pressure to start riding the alt lines again.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have baseball tonight - 2nd round of the playoffs - and we drew the #1 team - gotta be on my coaching game here!!

rick81721

Lothar
"Sourland Sessions"

Sounds great. No toes to step on - I'd just suggest after work on weekdays is the best time to do these as weekend hiker/boulderer traffic is ridiculous

but sourlands sessions sounds good to me. i need me some peer pressure to start riding the alt lines again.

Same here. I ride there 95% of the time alone and (1) can't see some of the lines and (2) even when I know where to go, tend to wimp out and bail when I get to a particularly tough spot. I really need to go over sections several times - I started doing that for the first time the last time I was there.

Top Bottom