Sourlands Area Roads Updates

qclabrat

Sort of the sourlands: Cherry Valley Road. Best of times - from 206 to Great road, it is closed to thru traffic but no problem cycling thru - no one on it. Worst of times - Great road to Hopewell - with the bridge out, tons of traffic
Planning a ride, whens your best guess to when the park will be good to ride, assume normal rainfall and temps...

rick81721

Lothar
Lots of nice resurfacing going on. Dutchtown zion has been completed- super smooth fly down now. Also, Ridge rd between Lindbergh and Rileyville to be closed next week.

rick81721

Lothar
Lots going on - getting ready for winter I guess:

1. Zion from Spring Hill to Lindbergh has been chip sealed. No problem going from Spring to Lindy, but the opposite direction there is loose gravel on the S turns downhill - could wash out - beware

2. Ridge rd from Lindbergh to Rileyville has been repaved - smooth as butter. Signs say closed but you can get thru - they are just finishing driveway skirts

3. Wertzville is closed just west of Montgomery to redo another of these stinkin bridges. Don't be fooled (like me) by the previous signage that made it look like Wertz would be closed between Montgomery and Long Hill - Rainbow Hill is the last way out.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

1. Zion from Spring Hill to Lindbergh has been chip sealed. No problem going from Spring to Lindy, but the opposite direction there is loose gravel on the S turns downhill - could wash out - beware

2. Ridge rd from Lindbergh to Rileyville has been repaved - smooth as butter. Signs say closed but you can get thru - they are just finishing driveway skirts

3. Wertzville is closed just west of Montgomery to redo another of these stinkin bridges. Don't be fooled (like me) by the previous signage that made it look like Wertz would be closed between Montgomery and Long Hill - Rainbow Hill is the last way out.
That Wertzille one is a rough one for chutes and ladders

rick81721

Lothar
Also not in the sourlands but Orchard rd from 206 west (just north of Halters bike shop) is also closed now for another bridge re-do. That was my go-to west, now have to take 206 down to 518.

Roadie

. They just repaved that S curve section on Zion couple of years ago. It was perfect. I don’t understand why they have to go and destroy it with shi*t seal. Meanwhile the section between hollow and Spring Hill is all cratered. Very frustrating!

rick81721

Lothar
. They just repaved that S curve section on Zion couple of years ago. It was perfect. I don’t understand why they have to go and destroy it with shi*t seal. Meanwhile the section between hollow and Spring Hill is all cratered. Very frustrating!

Yeah they patched that section but didn't do much good!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The twp line is right there, hence the pavement change.

In general, before they chip seal, they pave the holes and low spots. That is usually how you can tell they are going to chip seal it soon. However sometimes they patch pave and chip seal the following year.

Chip seal is waaaaay less money and if done right, provides an excellent surface that drains way well and doesn’t have the road spray when wet that most asphalt mixes do. But it is Mostly because cheap.

rick81721

Lothar
Chip seal extended on zion - now from spring hill past hollow. It really blows - don't know why they ruined this road when they did such a good job resurfacing other nearby roads like dutchtown-zion and ridge :shrug:

rick81721

Lothar
Update on Wertzville - it's a mess at Montgomery. Can't get by wertz east or west or Montgomery north of the intersection. Gotta stay on Amwell.

IMG_20190918_112954_862.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not sourlands, but approaching the area. Alexander Road at the canal, will close for 6 months, starting in early November. This cuts off a main artery into Princeton, so you can expect Harrison, Washington, Quaker Road / Princeton Pike to be a mess during this period.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Wertzville from Montgomery to Longhill is perfect. Heading west of montgomery tho, it blows. But a bunch of trucks parked at the Otto lot - hopefully that section is next

Top Bottom