Sourlands Area Roads Updates

rick81721

Lothar
Expect lots of closed bridges in the area with the rain. I have been getting lots of flood warnings on my phone. Griggstown and Blackwell Mills crossing will most likely get flooded out today.

Canal road south of 6mr before the S turn. I was tempted to go thru but couldn't tell how deep past that stalled SUV, or how fast the water was running. A new Mercedes sedan was on a flatbed to my left as I took this pic. He didn't make it either

45367070_1957377967664290_2954657044563997010_n.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hollow Road bridge is still closed, only 3-4 months behind schedule.

So to add to it, Mercer decided to get in on the action and started construction on a 518 bridge just east of Hopewell Boro between Kings Path and Aunt Molly. I rode over it on Tuesday but the jersey barriers were blocking the bridge. I would expect the bridge will be removed by next week. Only 150 days!

Township of Hopewell
Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road [Structure Nos. 252.2 and 252.8]
over Tributaries of Beden's Brook

On or about Monday, March 11, 2019, bridge construction will commence on Mercer County Structure Nos. 252.2 and 252.8, which carries Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road over Tributaries of Beden's Brook, located between Elm Street and Aunt Molly Road in the Township of Hopewell, immediately east of the Hopewell Borough line. Anticipated duration of this project is approximately one hundred and fifty [150] working days, weather permitting.
During construction, Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road [County Route 518] will be closed to through traffic on a 24/7 basis. Motorists will be directed to use Princeton Avenue/Carter Road, Cherry Valley Road and Province Line Road. However, local access will be permitted up to the physical road closure point.

rick81721

Lothar
Hollow Road bridge is still closed, only 3-4 months behind schedule.

So to add to it, Mercer decided to get in on the action and started construction on a 518 bridge just east of Hopewell Boro between Kings Path and Aunt Molly. I rode over it on Tuesday but the jersey barriers were blocking the bridge. I would expect the bridge will be removed by next week. Only 150 days!

Township of Hopewell
Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road [Structure Nos. 252.2 and 252.8]
over Tributaries of Beden's Brook

On or about Monday, March 11, 2019, bridge construction will commence on Mercer County Structure Nos. 252.2 and 252.8, which carries Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road over Tributaries of Beden's Brook, located between Elm Street and Aunt Molly Road in the Township of Hopewell, immediately east of the Hopewell Borough line. Anticipated duration of this project is approximately one hundred and fifty [150] working days, weather permitting.
During construction, Hopewell-Rocky Hill Road [County Route 518] will be closed to through traffic on a 24/7 basis. Motorists will be directed to use Princeton Avenue/Carter Road, Cherry Valley Road and Province Line Road. However, local access will be permitted up to the physical road closure point.

Wow what a joke re: hollow rd. And 518 will be a shitshow - all that traffic going up provinceline rd?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wow what a joke re: hollow rd. And 518 will be a shitshow - all that traffic going up provinceline rd?
The official detour is carter > cherry valley > great road. But you know, peeps going to be using Provinceline and even aunt molly.

rick81721

Lothar
Keep forgetting to post this - wertzville road heading east from Lindbergh to Longhill is terrible. Their half-assed patches aren't working.

Amending this after literally just riding it again - it's really only bad from hillsboro CC to Longhill.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i come back to this?
got tiny cyclist people on bikes arms.

if ya don't ride it, ya ain't gunna get a flat.

rick81721

Lothar
Sort of the sourlands: Cherry Valley Road. Best of times - from 206 to Great road, it is closed to thru traffic but no problem cycling thru - no one on it. Worst of times - Great road to Hopewell - with the bridge out, tons of traffic

Top Bottom