Sourlands Area Roads Updates

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Here it is. The old coot who was screaming at me as I rode by him, thinking I was going to ride past the barriers and plunge to my death in the creek, said it will take 4 months!

38081406_225873098101908_7311750653968121856_n.jpg
Nj is uber slow with bridge replacements. Some of the time is the time for the concrete to cure, but 3-4 months seems pretty standard in NJ.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I shoulda took a pic of the guy. It looks like a Sopranos job - he looked like an older Vito Spatafore and was eating a huge sammich

it's the three guys getting paid that aren't there that really makes it.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
More fun - Wertzville was (literally) just chip-sealed today. Flying down Longhill and hanging a right onto Wertz is where it starts - a little hairy with some loose gravel here, after that it's fine. All the way to Amwell.

rick81721

Lothar
Province line is next on the bridge replacement schedule - sign says road closes around Sept 4. Gotta take Hopewell-Amwell up or down.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
On Snydertown

Would assume it will be cleared quickly since it is blocking the whole road.
3167C9E2-172F-44D8-A7DB-083FC9E32406.jpeg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Man that looks like it’s right where you hit the curves.

Expect lots of closed bridges in the area with the rain. I have been getting lots of flood warnings on my phone. Griggstown and Blackwell Mills crossing will most likely get flooded out today.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Speaking of sourlands roads they are taking their sweet old time on the hollow bridge.
Yes, is it the county or township doing the work? The standard county bridge replacement seems to be 6 months, which is ridiculous.

Top Bottom