SOLD!!! Lynskey Titanium Pro29, Size Small, Ridden 16 miles at Allaire! Truly as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLewis

I have for sale a Pro29 frame that I bought directly from Lynskey at the beginning of the year. My price is exactly what I paid for it on a pro deal. Right now they have them on sale for $1700 on their website, so you can save $1000 buying this one.

I am selling it, as it is just a tiny bit too small for me. I tried putting the thomson layback post on it to lengthen the effective top tube, but it just wasn't quite right. So I've been procrastinating for almost a year on what to do with it, because it really is an absolutely stunning frame. I am 5ft 7.5" on a tall day, I like long and low frames, being an old school XC racer, who still thinks he's an XC racer, but haven't raced in a few years. This frame just isn't quite long enough. The spec's say 22.8" effective top tube, but it just felt too short for me.

I love Ti frames, I have 3x Titus Ti frames, plus a gravel bike in Ti. Nothing rides like titanium, I bought this to replace my Pivot Les, I love the fit of the Pivot, but it truly is the stiffest thing I have ever ridden. In one pedal stroke, the Pro29 felt like butter in comparison! In a perfect world I would have FireFly custom make me a Ti frame in the geometry of the Pivot... But that's $4k... So here we are, selling the Lynskey.

I rode it once, at Allaire, with MikeLikesBikes... Saw ChrisG there, he liked the frame :) Strava Verified 16 miles. I had a 1x10 drivetrain on it, so no front derailleur markings. Look at the pictures, the frame is like new. I wrapped the chainstay with a lightweight tube (my signature move, from working in bike shops for 20 years...) There is not a mark on the chainstay, nor the frame.

For your $700 you will receive a killer Pro29 frame, a DT Swiss RWS 12x142mm skewer for the rear, that I had to buy, as it did not come with the frame. Plus a standard seat collar.

I did not knock out the headset yet, it is a Crane Creek, for $40.00 you can have a brand new headset. If you do not want the headset, it will take me 3 seconds to remove it for you.

If you want the Thomson seatpost, (27.2mm) $50, and the Thomson seat clamp $20.

I can build the bike up with 10 speed XTR shifters and derailleurs, middleburn duo cranks, 29/42 rings, (triple ring if wanted too...) Crank Bros ti bottom bracket, XT cassette 11/36T, Fox Fork, Tapered 100mm travel, Hope Brakes and Stan's Crest wheels, all components in excellent condition, complete bike for a price, what price, I dunno, let's start with just the frame. If you want it built up, lets talk, I can build it up any way you want.

I am absolutely firm on my price, I can accept PayPal, but that will be 5 percent more, for those that wish to pay with credit card. All pricing is wholesale or below. This would make an amazing present for someone somewhere!

Thanks for your time and interest, now go ride!!!

Marc
PS. I hope that's enough spaces for you JimV... :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01738.JPG
    DSC01738.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01739.JPG
    DSC01739.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01740.JPG
    DSC01740.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01742.JPG
    DSC01742.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01743.JPG
    DSC01743.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01744.JPG
    DSC01744.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01745.JPG
    DSC01745.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01746.JPG
    DSC01746.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC01747.JPG
    DSC01747.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01748.JPG
    DSC01748.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Mare

Marc is meticulous with his bike and wheel builds, and all his stuff is immaculate. This frame is like brand new and if you take any other parts or he builds it up, you'll be very happy with the build!

mwlikesbikes

Saturday night fever bump!
This is a great frame for someone of a particular size. I’ve seen it in person.
It’s real and it’s spectacular!!!
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom