SOLD 90's Italian Steel: Giordana 56cm

the schwartz

I don't ride my road bike. I used to commute with it when I lived in NY, but that was a lifetime ago.

nice lugged frame, cool welds, internal cable routing. lots of campy components, mix of shimano 105 and 600 transmission :)

$350 for forum members

full set of photos here
https://theschwartz.smugmug.com/Bikes/Giordana/i-QLFmks3

20170604_144905-X4.jpg

Last edited:

qclabrat

cool bike, but frame is a little newer than stated, likely early 90s frame with a threadless fork
the Campy crank and seatpost could be original, but shimano parts are from the 80s and probably the Mavic/Campy front wheel

you should highlight the brazings on the frame which are top notch
the tri-color 600 parts are still fairly collectible, great time capsule bike, GLWS

the schwartz

cool bike, but frame is a little newer than stated, likely early 90s frame with a threadless fork
the Campy crank and seatpost could be original, but shimano parts are from the 80s and probably the Mavic/Campy front wheel

you should highlight the brazings on the frame which are top notch
the tri-color 600 parts are still fairly collectible, great time capsule bike, GLWS
thanks, i updated the title.

there might not be anything original to the bike in terms of components for all i know. i bought it with a hodgepodge of parts on it, that front Record hub came off my other bike, i added the STI shifters off of ebay, etc.

is the brazing you're referring to all the spots where the frame parts meet each other, where one tube slots into a "sleeve" to connect it to the other (brazed lugged frame)? i'm not too knowledgable re: frame building. thanks!

Karate Monkey

A few questions for you (might help selling it, too):

-tire clearance?
-frame spacing (126? 130?)
-rear hub; uniglide (threaded small sprocket) or hyperglide (locking) compatible?

the schwartz

A few questions for you (might help selling it, too):

-tire clearance?
-frame spacing (126? 130?)
-rear hub; uniglide (threaded small sprocket) or hyperglide (locking) compatible?

tires:
hard to measure but I'm getting 34mm on calipers

frame at rear hub

hub : cassette is marked Hyper glide C2
1497314683109542286053.jpg

qclabrat

I'm also going to list my old bike stuff here so Will can ask all the right questions before I list on BikeForums, realistically you'll get more pokes and sniffs there than here. They retro haters here, don't you know.....:D

the schwartz

first 6 cogs all have the same number of teeth?
Or trick of the light?
hahaahahhahahaha
that's a hell of a photo i took, huh?
no, they're not 6 of the same size cogs :p
i did put a larger (forgot the number) largest cog on there to make it a little grannier. i can check it if you're interested.

qclabrat

they were called corn cobs back in my day, got a drawer of them somewhere
corncob.JPG

here's Eddy on his climbing bike, the cogs are so small you can't even see them behind the dropouts
Eddy-Merckx-steel-bike-pink-jersey-maglia-rosa-pic-Sirotti.jpg

and here's Froome's bike
1438167186269-19la0z7f9un92-630-354.jpg

them old guys were f#k'n animals...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks! i lernt me sumtin' new.

I'm staying away from vintage bikes....don't need another "thing"
glws

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Back in the early days they did the Tour De France single speed, now that is hard core. :D

Roadie

they were called corn cobs back in my day, got a drawer of them somewhere

here's Eddy on his climbing bike, the cogs are so small you can't even see them behind the dropouts
Eddy-Merckx-steel-bike-pink-jersey-maglia-rosa-pic-Sirotti.jpg

and here's Froome's bike

them old guys were f#k'n animals...
Check out the chainring combo he is working too!

the schwartz

Bump, still for sale...

Make me an offer. The worst that can happen is you gravely offend me and I find out where you live and spread thousands of tiny caltrops around in your back yard.

I don't think I can lock this up at PABT
fwiw i've locked this bike up all over the city for fairly extended periods of time. never been super comfortable about it, but i've done it and it's still in one piece. change to a locking rear skewer, take off the front wheel every time and call it good...?

Top Bottom