Snowy Supercross - what bike?

SSmtbr

Race goes off at 8am tomorrow for us in the 4/5 field so it will likely be firm/frozen ground to start. Asking the Supercross snow veterans...Ride my cross bike with PDXs or bring the Rigid SS MTB (32x22 is what I have on it now) and break all the rules and get a few glares? I'm bringing both though because I'm expecting something to go wrong with my geared bike in the muck.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Your on the right track bringing both. Sometimes the skinnier tires cut through snow and muck surprisingly ok. But if it’s really muddy the ss is a safe bet to not rip your derailleur off. Learned that the hard way myself.

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@SSmtbr I have spikes if you need them. In Montclair. Can leave them on porch for you to grab if needed. PM me for address.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some pics from today. What a mess. Bring all your bikes. Some photos from today.

@seanrunnette
IMG_7522.JPG

Harrison White. Really fast.
IMG_7585.JPG

SSmtbr

Winning answer: Didn't matter! Ended up running around 75% of the 3 lap race with a single side pit so it wasn't even worth it to bring a pit bike since they shortened the course in the early races. I'd have killed for flat pedals though between my cleats filled with frozen muck and numb feet from wading in ankle deep mud. Sucked during the race, but it became more enjoyable the more I thought about it throughout the day. Drivetrain made it out unscathed and will be back at it tomorrow, maybe with the SS MTB just for fun.

Top Bottom