Snowballs Chance Port Jervis?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be in AZ, but a few of my riding crew are heading up. TC (who is putting this together) is a great guy and is really starting to put Port Jervis on the MTB map. The Single Speed USA is going to be a blast as well with an all weekend "adventure".

You should consider this. Those trails are a blast.

xc62701

Someone said it's not a race anymore but just a fun group ride event. Look into it before you go.

Sven Migot

It's a free event now. They're calling it the Snowballs Chance Fat Bike Affaire. Just show up. I think rides go out at 10am. There's a FB page.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've gotten word from TC that they are screen printing Snowball's Chance souvenirs on a T-Shirt or hoodie for a donation to the outdoor club. The ink will be white, so feel free to bring a darker T-Shirt or Hoodie if interested.

@Sven Migot is correct; this is just an organized ride with a cool vibe. Wish I could make it.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Argh. Had to work yesterday so was planning some family time today. But wanna go!
Probably just hitting the the Tourne.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You missed a good one, Dave!
Good vibe, good people, and good trails.
I opted for the "long" ride, but we didn't get the full twenty in on account of three hours of tough slogging wore us all out.
Definitely worth the trip.

Glad it was fun. Now you can give me the tour one day!

huffster

Can you provide trail conditions?

I haven't been there this Winter and the next several days are supposed to be in the 40s. So, if its snow covered, that will mean a big melt-down and I'll just wait until things dry out.

TIA.

You missed a good one, Dave!
Good vibe, good people, and good trails.
I opted for the "long" ride, but we didn't get the full twenty in on account of three hours of tough slogging wore us all out.
Definitely worth the trip.

Sven Migot

There's still a lot of packed & loose snow + dirt + a little mud but nothing major. Slippery as hell on the snow & mud.
But I talked to one of the trails dudes there and he said trails are open 24/7. They never close and doesn't matter if you ride them wet. He said they don't get deep ruts and the ones that form kinda self repair. Go for it...

Kaleidopete

Can you provide trail conditions?

I haven't been there this Winter and the next several days are supposed to be in the 40s. So, if its snow covered, that will mean a big melt-down and I'll just wait until things dry out.

TIA.

ya better go early while it's frozen
Snowballs chance03.jpg

Top Bottom