Snow ride on Patriots, Saturday

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Thin Diesel and I are planning an out-and-back on Patriot's Path on the fatties tomorrow. 8 am start, 12 noon finish. Start at Speedwell Lake lot in Morristown, head west toward Lew Mo/Brookside/Mendham for 2 hours, then return. Mix of snow, snow and snow expected.;)

Post up if you're in so we know whom to expect. If 8's too early, we can meet up at the Sunrise Lake lot across from lew Mo on our way west at around 9.

ok guys, place to meet is Speedwell Lake park. I don't have an address, but you can do one of three things:

1) Google Map "1 Kinney Street, Morristown". Directly across from Kinney's intersection with 202/Speedwell avenue is the entrance to the park. Take that entrance down to the bottom and park there. I have a black Xterra.

2) Take Speedwell avenue/202 Northwards out of Morristown. Just before Cory road, the entrance to the park will be on your left.

3) Take Speedwell avenue/202 Southwards from Morris Plans. Just after Cory road, the entrance to the park will be on your right.

My cell # is too too for too six one six (area code 973) if you're lost. Suggest we meet at 7:45 so we can be on the trail by 8. This will give us plenty of time to enjoy the morning at a mellow pace.

Greg

Last edited:
Great ride today. Conditions simply perfect. Dave, sorry you missed this!!

Rob, Blad, awesome riding with you guys. Especially impressed with Rob's climb UP the stairs!! Some pics here, mix of mine and Blad's. Will Dropbox the rest to you. Hope the snow sticks around for for a while. If so, let's plan another snow ride next weekend.

Greg

P1250039_zpsb56761ad.jpg

P1250040_zps7dfb99df.jpg

PPRideJan143_zps6f344fec.jpg

PPRideJan141_zps6c338d8b.jpg

P1250045_zpsac25745a.jpg

PPRideJan146_zps2ae9c5dc.jpg

Fun ride thanks for arranging it. Never saw a moonlander up close before. Those 5" tires make regular 4" fat tires look narrow by comparison!

And thanks for taking the pictures too.

Back
Top Bottom