Smokey & the Bandit Extended Online Race

THATmanMANNY

I have a feeling Manny's gonna catch me at the line here...
That was the plan! Until the first lady gave me the stink eye for riding easter weekend. So I cut my planned ride by half to stick around more... But ill let the judge do his thing

Sourlands, ran into pearl and mandi while meeting jdro and gmb

2hrs, 6.8mi lol
+1 giving mandi my tube
+1 convincing them to tag along show them the park
+1 still going to ride when lady was not happy
+1 riding gloveless cause im faster then you
+1 bleeding at sourlands
+1 riding carbon hardtail at sourlands
sourlands multiplier 5x
DD multiplier

40 points

Thanks dave a jmanic. Definitely made me work! Nevertheless, win or loose I had a really great time riding today.

kush

Catching up on the drive home.

Tremblant training camp was a great success. 6rides, 366 miles, 23h 41 mins, 24,000 elev gain.
Oh, and got some snowboarding and XC skiing in too.

Roads here 3 varieties- good with wide shoulder, or broken up lumpy bumpy asphalt, or Battenkill type dirt which is frozen, usually. Or rutted frozen, which makes it interesting at 30mph. So a combination of all those on every ride. 30% was dirt, so good Bkill training.

Very scenic ... thousands of lakes. They also have this sand everywhere for ice on the roads, it gets in all components. But no mechanicals, no flats, just a broken spoke.

My power meter died this week. I dislike flying blind. I have 3 PMs and 2 are out of commission. PMs suck.

3/26 – 2.5 hrs - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289271625 hill repeats

3/27 – 3 hours - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289493687 more work.

3/28 – 1.5 hour - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/289824193 just some microbursts. 5 was too many. 3 seemed right

3/30 - 7 hours - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/290879159 113 miles. Fantastic ride. I ran out of time, or it would have been 8 hours, my wife picked me up on the highway to go dog sledding. Which is also work.

3/31 - 4 hours - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/291380579 legs fried. First 2 hours are a climb gaining 2k feet.

Attachments

• 887281_10151478284899333_1401750079_o.jpg
    887281_10151478284899333_1401750079_o.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 109

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Nothing for me today. Wanted to get out for a few hours, but wound up doing an emergency water heater replacement instead. :mad:

Congrats to Skiphreak, nice push at the end to destroy me. :D

Thanks a ton Dave for doing this. I can't tell you how much this helped motivate me to get out a ride. Let me know your favorite beer type and I'll make a delivery.

Wound up with 415 miles for March, which is not a lot for some people but a lot for me.

If only I didn't go for that spring break vacation with the family. ;)

See you next year. :getsome:

Tim

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a great way to finish this off. Hooked up with the Darkhorse gang and rode a bunch of Stewarts. God I do love riding here. Really great place to get your speed on.

Today finished off a solid 7 day block so I will take those points too.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46692332

BIG SHOUT OUT DAVE, THANKS!

Last edited:

ebineezer

Day 15

Couldn't resist one last ride for the contest. I was only able to sneak away for a short ride since it was Easter, so I hit up some local trail on the SS. Thanks for putting this together Dave, it really motivated me at times, and I enjoyed doing it!

Double day:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/291483223
1hour 23min

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was planning to go out today but... Life happened!

Thanks Dave for running this! I definitely rode my bike more this year than last year... like 0 to 20+ hours this month alone! I'll be in next year for sure!!

Congrats Robin and Tim: I tried to keep up but couldn't ;)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Friday
HOH faper

Saturday
Hell of Hunterdon and riding to and from. Awesome day on the bike minus two flats. Rocktown Road dirt section can SAD. Had wind legs on the way home and felt good at the end. Using this as my DD for 03/31, which I previously alerted Dave of.

154 total

So this month made for by biggest month ever at 50 hours and 908 miles. Last week was my biggest week ever at 17 hours and 320 miles.

Thanks for putting up with this dave!

Last edited:

Robin

phew...March is in the books!

Thanks Dave for organizing this...and putting up with everyone's 2 cents on how it should be played. I think you did a fantastic job with keeping track of all our rides! :D

Great job to all who kept going - and thanks Andy and Tim for keeping me on my toes (or should I say saddle).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't pre-use the Easter DD for Saturday. That was explained earlier in the thread. Not that it matter because Matty edged us out for 3rd place in the end. Nice month of riding either way, Kev. Those are really solid numbers.

On one hand I'm happy to have the option to not ride if I want. But I feel more motivated to go out if this is here to push me. I guess I'll just have to start riding for the enjoyment of it. Or try to do an epic ride every day...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Can't pre-use the Easter DD for Saturday. That was explained earlier in the thread. Not that it matter because Matty edged us out for 3rd place in the end. Nice month of riding either way, Kev. Those are really solid numbers.

It was explained by you and never adopted in the rules. Like I said, I got dave's blessing since it was my strategy from the start to out run your streak bonus.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was explained by you and never adopted in the rules. Like I said, I got dave's blessing since it was my strategy from the start to out run your streak bonus.

Hmm, then Dave should have explained that to everyone. The rules have always been that you can't pre-use a DD. So 1 person got an exception which the rest of the people playing didn't know about. I know you want to beat me, which is understandable ;) In the end, you rode something like 10 more hours in the month than I did. So it's no bid deal.

Matty was 7 points ahead of me after the ride last night. If I had gone 1 more hour in the rain, it would have been 1. Of course, I had 30 previous days and 32 previous rides to have gone an extra 45-60 minutes to cover 2 more points. If it had been 5, I would have gone for the extra hour. But I was cold and it was crappy out, so I said screw it and went home.

Regardless, I'm taking you out in the Epic Rap Battles of History thread. Bring it, sucka!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Regardless, I'm taking you out in the Epic Rap Battles of History thread. Bring it, sucka!
I am not even a contender in that one and haven't been following it other than the thread talking about setting it up

Not that it matters, but here is what the rules say:

Movable double days:
you will be able to pick 2 days - at random - to use as double days. you will have to swap each moved day with one of the days listed above.

Doesn't say anything about missing a day and using it.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not that it matters, but here is what the rules say...

...Doesn't say anything about missing a day and using it.

It doesn't say anything about having to use a DD on the DD itself. So...I can trade my Easter hour for the previous Sunday's 3 hour ride, right? I mean, if we're going by the rules as written in the OP.

I'm sticking with 151 as my score and not going to put Dave through this logical nightmare. I rode 44 hours this month, which gives me 151/44 = 3.43 points per hour ridden. It would be interesting to see who got the most points/hour of riding.I did ride 44 hours, 31 days, and 33 rides.

We should chip in and buy beer for Dave.

kush

Rules are rules. It's actually a good rule to be random. Not sure why you guys went out of your way to create all the drama, but I don't care.

I think I have 151 before the DD bonus discusd earlier

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So I'd like to move that to today regardless of the time if possible.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46507170

not a problem. got all that in there.

Hell O Hunterdon

4 hrs = 8 pts...do I get points for racing?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/290878679

although i'm totally jealous that you have the legs for something like this (maybe next year for me) only bonus racing pts for mtbnj sponsored races! i'm a little biased haha!

Month total should be 48 points. Happy Easter everyone and thanks, Dave, for making March fun!

ack - you already used both movable days earlier!

I want to thank Dave for putting these super fun contests together and motivating me to ride like never before.:getsome:

thanks! you killed it during both of these! nice job!!!

Thanks for hosting this Dave, this was a fun event to have on mtbnj. I think there will always be the petty bitching but overall this contest is a net gain in positives. You da man Kendrick Lamar.

Dave, thanks again for hosting,
I've got a couple of tasty six packs for you when the group ride comes together.

Thanks a ton Dave for doing this. I can't tell you how much this helped motivate me to get out a ride. Let me know your favorite beer type and I'll make a delivery.

BIG SHOUT OUT DAVE, THANKS!

Thanks again for putting this contest on. It really gave me the motivation to push myself and get out there.

Thanks Dave for running this! Good luck next year!

Thanks for putting this together Dave, it really motivated me at times, and I enjoyed doing it!

Thanks Dave for running this! I definitely rode my bike more this year than last year... like 0 to 20+ hours this month alone! I'll be in next year for sure!!

Congrats Robin and Tim: I tried to keep up but couldn't ;)

Thanks for putting up with this dave!

phew...March is in the books!

Thanks Dave for organizing this...and putting up with everyone's 2 cents on how it should be played. I think you did a fantastic job with keeping track of all our rides! :D

Great job to all who kept going - and thanks Andy and Tim for keeping me on my toes (or should I say saddle).

thanks everyone. i'm glad it was fun. this short run put some ideas in the back of the head for next year. i'm glad we had so many people participate in this short version too. i was actually expecting fewer than we had.

congrats to oleg and robin on the win!!!

this i won't protest :D

now that the weather is picking up and things are getting drier, i'll post up a group ride real soon.

i'm actually going to do a little totals thing later today. i'll add that who gets the most pts per hour to it.

look like i'm going beer shopping myself!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No points for my 7 days in a row? Or is it in there it doesnt matter anyways in good company.

Doh sorry just saw the update. Kush that was a nice push at the end.

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
here are my last entries for posterity :D

3/29

3/31

Just a couple of 1 hr rides....no big showing here but, I take what I can when I can ;)

Thanks Dave. hopefully we'll ride soon...on dirt! :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm sticking with 151 as my score and not going to put Dave through this logical nightmare. I rode 44 hours this month, which gives me 151/44 = 3.43 points per hour ridden. It would be interesting to see who got the most points/hour of riding.I did ride 44 hours, 31 days, and 33 rides.

Guy with most points/hour of riding buys Dave beer.

136 pts/59 = 2.3
59hrs:52 minutes, 28 rides. http://connect.garmin.com/reports

Top Bottom