Small hiking trip for kids

rwix15

On Friday at 4pm some scouts will be hiking in some parts of Allaire for the requirements for the Outdoorsman Badge. I told them from the parking lot to take the paved access road to the blue trail then to the glass trail to loop back to the parking lot.
I think they have to do about around 3 miles.
If I am not mistaken there shouldn't be too many bikers out around that time, and, on that section.
I'll probably go just to keep an eye on any bike traffic and for them not to get lost.
Should they go another route?

Johnny Utah

Glass is probably one of the most trafficked and fastest trails in the park. In addition is has a ton of blind spots. You would be better to send them down the fireroad to steelman.

Either way, I am sure they won't have an issue. Make sure they bring lights in case they spend some time out there.

Thanks for helping the Scouts out!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
glad you are taking them out ! find the flattest trails and take them on an outside loop - take them out with a map - have them get you back
a different route. have them use the sun. let leaders emerge, but make sure others talk. love this stuff - i've done it at CR and sourlands...
don't be scared to let them fail...it might be the most important lesson cause "parents"...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions