skiing/snowboarding (downhill)

don

Jamie Lynn

First I was extremely jealous with those pictures (BTW, that toe carve roost is sickkk!).

Now you say you got to ride with Jamie Lynn?! Epic is an understatement.

I still remember how excellent my trip to Bald was and that was close to 20 years ago and we had the worst conditions of the season and I learned what frozen runnels are.

Super stoked for you - I'm hoping to get back there one of these years!

don

Stowe wasn't bad on Sunday. Actually Friday and Saturday in the woods were great too but Sunday morning :p

I hate selfie shots but I was solo the whole weekend and needed proof for my kids ;) I'm trying to get back up this weekend with my youngest and follow him for some really good shots.

stowe_woods_1.JPG

Attachments

• stowe_woods_2.JPG
    stowe_woods_2.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 11
  • stowe_woods_3.JPG
    stowe_woods_3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 10

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
First I was extremely jealous with those pictures (BTW, that toe carve roost is sickkk!).

Now you say you got to ride with Jamie Lynn?! Epic is an understatement.

I still remember how excellent my trip to Bald was and that was close to 20 years ago and we had the worst conditions of the season and I learned what frozen runnels are.

Super stoked for you - I'm hoping to get back there one of these years!

Thanks man. This trip was really special. I didn’t get out last year after badly breaking my leg in Jan 2017.

We had great conditions too.

I’d call and get on the wait list for next year. Often you can get a better rate if you are willing to take a slot last minute.

On this trip I also met Rob Morrow and Kevin Pierce. I did yoga with Kevin every am.

This was my 9th visit and they keep delivering.

Reactions: don

qclabrat

need a new snowboard setup for next year, what's the latest and greatest out there?
More interested in boots and bindings feedback at the moment

don

Thanks man. This trip was really special. I didn’t get out last year after badly breaking my leg in Jan 2017.

We had great conditions too.

I’d call and get on the wait list for next year. Often you can get a better rate if you are willing to take a slot last minute.

On this trip I also met Rob Morrow and Kevin Pierce. I did yoga with Kevin every am.

This was my 9th visit and they keep delivering.

Rob Morrow and Kevin Pierce?! Man you are adding salt to the wounds ;)

I have one of the early Morrow boards on my wall - got it while in school in Winooski back in '91/92 at the B-Side in Burlington. And Kevin Pierce is VT royalty not to mention his remarkable journey. I hope Kevin is doing well and happy to hear he was at Bald.

As much as I would love to call and book a trip I have to distribute the ski funds to me, my wife and the 3 kids. Maybe I'll treat myself in a few years for the big 5-0

don

need a new snowboard setup for next year, what's the latest and greatest out there?
More interested in boots and bindings feedback at the moment

I'm really partial to Mervin products (Lib and Gnu) for boards. I bought Union bindings this year and they are good but I feel like they have some issues. Boots - I love dual zone Boa for quickness. I had to get a new pair of boots this weekend as my Rome boots were splitting the sole off. I got a pair of Burton Photons and I'm really impressed on how they are made and fit.

The new Burton step-in stuff looks interesting and word is it works very well. But expensive and availability seems to be light.

But to be honest - most products these days work very well. I bought an inexpensive Rome board ($200) on evo for my daughter for Christmas and she says it rides very well. This time of year you should be able to score some really good deals.

jdog

Shop Keep
I'm really partial to Mervin products (Lib and Gnu) for boards. I bought Union bindings this year and they are good but I feel like they have some issues. Boots - I love dual zone Boa for quickness. I had to get a new pair of boots this weekend as my Rome boots were splitting the sole off. I got a pair of Burton Photons and I'm really impressed on how they are made and fit.

The new Burton step-in stuff looks interesting and word is it works very well. But expensive and availability seems to be light.

But to be honest - most products these days work very well. I bought an inexpensive Rome board ($200) on evo for my daughter for Christmas and she says it rides very well. This time of year you should be able to score some really good deals.
Im riding Burton Photons with their bindings too.

I've had the chance to demo a staggering amount of gear over the years. I'm a solid believer in a boot and binding from the same brand as they tend to interface the best.

Im also a fan of the burton EST system as it allows you to dial in your stance by feel vs by #'s.

don

Im riding Burton Photons with their bindings too.

I've had the chance to demo a staggering amount of gear over the years. I'm a solid believer in a boot and binding from the same brand as they tend to interface the best.

Im also a fan of the burton EST system as it allows you to dial in your stance by feel vs by #'s.

Using the same boot/binding manufacturer makes total sense. When I had the Rome boots with Rome bindings (even though the bindings were a few years older than the boots) the interface worked very well. Mid season the Rome bindings started breaking straps at a fast rate and I needed new bindings for a trip. Local shop had Rome but not the size I needed.

I bought my youngest a pair of Union bindings as they were the cheapest on the shelf and when installing them I really liked the east of setup. I've also seen a number of pros and people that rode well at the mountain using Union so that's what I went with. The interface with the Burton boot is a lot better but the bolts do loosen up quickly.

I'm hot and cold with Burton stuff. On one hand I hate how they make their own standards but on the other hand they usually work very well. I hated the thought of the EST at first but the amount of complete and easy adjustment cannot be argued. Add in little features like the T-bolt can be replaced if ever stripped out (can't on a 4x4 mount) and that you can practically adjust your stance on the fly and I'm surprised other board makers don't use it.

jdog

Shop Keep
Using the same boot/binding manufacturer makes total sense. When I had the Rome boots with Rome bindings (even though the bindings were a few years older than the boots) the interface worked very well. Mid season the Rome bindings started breaking straps at a fast rate and I needed new bindings for a trip. Local shop had Rome but not the size I needed.

I bought my youngest a pair of Union bindings as they were the cheapest on the shelf and when installing them I really liked the east of setup. I've also seen a number of pros and people that rode well at the mountain using Union so that's what I went with. The interface with the Burton boot is a lot better but the bolts do loosen up quickly.

I'm hot and cold with Burton stuff. On one hand I hate how they make their own standards but on the other hand they usually work very well. I hated the thought of the EST at first but the amount of complete and easy adjustment cannot be argued. Add in little features like the T-bolt can be replaced if ever stripped out (can't on a 4x4 mount) and that you can practically adjust your stance on the fly and I'm surprised other board makers don't use it.
I rode a signal YEP in BC last week. They have been using the EST on their boards as well. I loved the speed and simplicity of switching bindings between est boards. 023E0058-1A18-4E04-9A74-FC9715FFBCCB.jpegD0CE0212-2F99-48D9-BDE1-784542E229DE.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
that one person that refused to jump took a beating in the pileup.

Top Bottom