Sixmilers IG account

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Arwen's Mom

1-- what do the signs say? which entrances?

2-- and say what you want to say!!! you're a biker and you ride 6 mile... you have a voice and an opinion... we want to hear it! (besides, pretty? sexy? dude, have you seen some of these guys in spandex?! *shivers*)

Reactions: rlb

qclabrat

riding 6mr in these conditions makes me sad
I took a new rider and his son out last weekend to Chimney. Explained the reasons for riding in dirt vs mud. We stopped a few times to do some nicks in the muddy spots to clear the water. Gotta start them early.

I think more than half the riders do not know the trails are maintained by just a handful of passionate folks. Is there a way we can communicate to the community that it's not the tax dollars which are making these Great trails?

GHM73

Arwen's Mom beat me to it, stating that there ARE signs at Canal and Jacques (and I believe she/they are working on 27?).

I am always willing to help in any way I can, and keep things positive.

I was just venting. As stated, I try to inform people when I can in the absolute nicest way possible. My post here was just a vent and I understand totally if it could be viewed as a "not cool" or petty thing to do. Moment of weakness. It happens.

Thanks for the support and healthy debate.

GHM73

and I still think bigger signs like those A-frame jobs would be cool. Relatively inexpensive too.

@MissJR

These signs are at the Jacques and Canal trail heads.

trailrules.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Maybe we should add a solar powered blinky to the sign....??

And yes - the A-frame sign is worth a shot.

i do ask this question - when it is muddy, do multiple riders make it significantly worse than 1?
it is not a winnable battle.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
took a hike at 6M today. saw the result of people going around mud holes.
I dont get it. They (the bad mud riders) whoop and holler about how great it is to ride in the mud, but they are all going around the mud holes.
Whereas those of us who know better than to ride muddy trails, also know that when we do encounter the occasional mud hole, we SLOW down to a crawl and go through the middle, or even shoulder our bike and walk/jump over said hole.
P1017585.JPG
both of these spots used to be a lot narrower.
Why are they riding the left side of the trail shown in the below photo ??
P1017587.JPG

Top Bottom