Six Mile Run NICA Race loop / June 2nd and June 9th

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Just a quick heads up about the 2 races being held near and around the Jacques lane lot.

These races will basically close down this part of the park. It may be passable, but consider that with 500 or so people on course, it won’t be much fun to ride on these days.

There are indeed some volunteer opportunities availble here as well.

https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2683415/false

If you know someone who is or will be in 6th to 12th grade, this is also a good chance to show them that kids on mtbs is a thing.

Here is the course loop so you can better understand the impact on those days.
95EAF23F-5309-45A1-B049-A65D70DC3919.jpeg

Ian F

Cool. I've been waiting for a course map. Which direction will the races be run? Or will direction switch for each race?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool. I've been waiting for a course map. Which direction will the races be run? Or will direction switch for each race?

That map is CW then as @Dominique mentions, it will reverse. But the CCW loop is going to be slightly different as I understand it.

thegock

The course worked pretty well in terms of spreading the peloton out in the last two years CCW. I think that may be that the dispersion of power levels is wider in youth racing, perhaps due to different rates of physical maturity in any age group. Therefore, the usual grouping of 2-3 riders would be in the lead somewhat alone after <1 mile. The rest of the group is very dispersed already by that point.

That said, CW looks good, too.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Our intent in running backwards is to provide as fresh a course as possible given that we are running the same venue two weeks in a row. Some will dig one course, some the other.

The slight differences are to add more passing up front. Some of this year's category sizes would not fare well with last year's start into the woods and we feel that the new start area addresses it well in either direction.

Kudos to @jdog and our course crew for all of the work that goes into this venue.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions