Sirius XM chatter

thegock

So Pat @fidodie , when the Free Trial ends 5/1/18, I should let it expire then call customer service @ SXM and wait for $140/year unlimited to close?

rick81721

Lothar
I keep getting letters that.my trial on the GT350 ends may 6. Rarely listen to the sound system in this vehicle so it's gonna be a negatory on that one.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my truck will be expiring in june, based on the dead zones i have experienced with this vehicle, there is a good chance i will be passing on anything but a killer deal on it.

btw dead zones that my challenger, and my fiances genesis coupe do NOT experience.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks for your experience. I have to renew again, do you think 140 is still the reasonable goal?

Might be a bit more now, because the royalty charge went up. Should be able to do 150 for a year, all-in.

Good luck, report back.

might want to start with 'i have to cancel, my budget.....'

Patrick

Staff member
So Pat @fidodie , when the Free Trial ends 5/1/18, I should let it expire then call customer service @ SXM and wait for $140/year unlimited to close?

yes - or call and tell them you don't want to continue now. they will probably deal.

I keep getting letters that.my trial on the GT350 ends may 6. Rarely listen to the sound system in this vehicle so it's gonna be a negatory on that one.

do you have it in another car? can always stream it through your phone.

trener1

Quick Question here, I had Sirius a couple of years ago, I renewed my subscription last week, but the Sirius option on my car radio is now grayed out, I called Sirius and the don't seem to have any ideas, any ideas or suggestions?.

Patrick

Staff member
Quick Question here, I had Sirius a couple of years ago, I renewed my subscription last week, but the Sirius option on my car radio is now grayed out, I called Sirius and the don't seem to have any ideas, any ideas or suggestions?.

it maybe something in the radio menu for cycling through possible inputs. Either that or someone took/unplugged the sxm module.

there is always the free 'buy sirius/here is how' channel - if that doesn't come in, something is up.

trener1

I tried the radio menu, but all I can find are tuning options .
It has a mode button that goes between Aux, Sirius, and USB.
But it just goes between the Aux and USB and skips over the Sirius, also yeah no preview channel (it used to be there), it seems like maybe the only explanation is that somehow (I have no idea how) the module got unplugged, so I guess no Satellite radio for me.

littlev21

just renewed. simple as saying I cannot afford this, they, without any hesitation, cut the price by more than 50 percent to about 150 a yea r(120 plus taxes plus 23 music royalty fee) for all access.

I have been a customer for at least ten years, so I don't know if that matters.

ekuhn

9 total minutes to call, say I couldnt afford it, them to say that they didn't want to lose me as a customer, and got me for another year at $152.24 total. But since it was before my renewal date I got a $9.20 credit which brought my year total down to $143.04. Works out to $12 per month for the All Access deal.

Again, all in a 9 minute phone call.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So I won one of those subscriber event raffles and got to sit in on the town hall interview with Billy Corgan yesterday. I even got to bring a friend and ask him a question on-air! It aired tonight at 8pm on Volume Ch106 but you can find it on demand i think. Very cool experience.
Billy Corgan Town Hall.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
So I won one of those subscriber event raffles and got to sit in on the town hall interview with Billy Corgan yesterday. I even got to bring a friend and ask him a question on-air! It aired tonight at 8pm on Volume Ch106 but you can find it on demand i think. Very cool experience.
View attachment 81055

I see uncle Fester but where is Billy Corgan? ;)

MikeyBikey2000

When I renewed I specifically requested not have auto renewal.. and of course I got a notice that it was going to be auto renewed at a much higher price then original. So I called and of course they lowered the price to what I was paying so I said so you tried to bang me for extra then when I complain, you lower it and act like you are doing me a favor. I cancelled it. I'll see if I miss the shitty tunes by ted nugent and alice cooper on boneyard.

rick81721

Lothar
When I renewed I specifically requested not have auto renewal.. and of course I got a notice that it was going to be auto renewed at a much higher price then original. So I called and of course they lowered the price to what I was paying so I said so you tried to bang me for extra then when I complain, you lower it and act like you are doing me a favor. I cancelled it. I'll see if I miss the shitty tunes by ted nugent and alice cooper on boneyard.

Could it be, that MikeyBikey2000 is really one year older today? His birth certificate, recently discovered in a lead chest 135 feet deep in the money pit, says otherwise.

Patrick

Staff member

I'm sorry to hear this.
They shouldn't have promised you no auto-renew. The terms of the good deal is that a credit card is put on-file to auto renew.

Love me some double live gonzo.

Happy birthday!

Better than stranglehold imho

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@fidodie,

my current 6 month subscrtiption deal is up in Dec, should ic all now or wait until its fully expired to try and get the same deal again?

Top Bottom