Singulator Q?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wow that chart idea is a little high tech for me too. The pixy family uses half links and rubberbands on both kinds of tensioners if needed. Not bike shop approved I guess? :hmmm: Has worked ok for now and I feel good about eating a pound of swiss chard if I can use the purple rubberband too. But nice to know there are a few other options. Please post up how it works for you afterwards.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's not complicated at all. see that grey stripe running down the middle of the chart? any of the gear combos that fall on that stripe should work with your given chainstay length. do the chart again rogellio. this time, put the chainring range from 32-36, and the cog range from 15-24. see what happens. try measuring your chainstays exactly if possible. the most accurate way is to put either an old axle or a dowel rod, or something in the dropouts, them measure to the bb shell. then add half the diameter of the bb shell.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
ok, i did it again. I get this.
SSchart.jpg

So that means that 32x24 will work perfectly without tensioner. But I think 24 might be too light for me. I see a 32x20 there just at the border of the shading. Am I out of luck if I want that gearing?

thanks sean,

ytc100

Again try this in the real world with some old cogs. I found the chart to be off by a good tooth or so but it gets you started.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
the 33x23 will work with a slightly stretched chain. it'll be tight at first. i'm sure there are 33t chainrings out there somewhere. i did that again, and included the half link. 34x24 would work as well, and be much easier to find. would be about 36".

http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.ph...etch=0.00&axleAdjust=vert&sortKey=Stay_length

I have a buch of Surly 33t SS c.rings in the shop.

I think the rubber bands that they use to hold Broccoli or Lobster claws would would well..

j

J-Dro

I got to witness the failure of elzoller's singulator tonight at Skyline Drive. I don't know if the spring is adjustable or what since I've never played with one, but it just didn't have enough tension to keep the chain tight under load. Seems like the Rennen will clear it up. I would do that before changing any cogs out.

Elzoller... Thanks for showing me around the south part of Ramapo. We'll do it again once you get your mechanical problems sorted out.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Elzoller... Thanks for showing me around the south part of Ramapo. We'll do it again once you get your mechanical problems sorted out.

Jeff, no prob, sorry about my stoopid singulator, we missed the castle trail but we'll do that another time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I find it odd that so many people have problems with this yet Pixy runs the thing with no problem at Mount Snow.

I have one someone gave me but haven't ridden the SS since I put it on.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
She must have some special "Pixy Dust" on those rubber bands. :D

I was thinking that yesterday..."DAMN, where is a rubber band when you need one"

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL, yeah I keep thinking now of those big ass purple rubber bands on broccoli and various other vegetables.

I put mine on in push down, which I know is asking for trouble. But there's too much chain slack to use the push up position.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
oh yeah, i forgot about that...thanks gary.

the DMR is supposed to be the exact same thing as the rennen w/o the marketing/cool kid up-charge.

Top Bottom