Singlespeed-a-polooza

kush

Hey man,
I came across your post and I wanted to drop you a line and say sorry if I messed up your line- sincerely I am. I remember you coming up on me and just stopping- I thought you just ran out of gas...thus the title.

I was definately off the trail standing in the shrub and maybe the prospect of some guy with a camera caught you off guard. If it makes you feel any better, after witnessing the whole field go by NO ONE made that right hand line including some of the cat 1 racers who tried it- so at least you did not burn any matches trying to clean it.

Again, my apologies if I screwed up your flow.

Nice job to everyone out there- I am sure the clean up was/is bitch...

On a seperate note- just about all thepictures I took are up on my flickr site.

You are way too nice to Pearl!

Thanks so much for the pics, and for taking time to make comments - they are entertaining. I also remember you going "go go go , you got it". That did help, appreciate the support.

walter

Fourth Party

Thanks so much for the pics, and for taking time to make comments - they are entertaining. I also remember you going "go go go , you got it". That did help, appreciate the support.

I remember this too. Too bad both times I went through there were already traffic jams ahead of me.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I just reread what you wrote, I thought this was the rider that was in front of me, not the photographer. I didn't know someone was even taking pictures at that place!

You weren't at that spot the second time though, I could have used someone to talk to :(

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As you can see jakes foot is down I quickly realized I wasn't gonna make it and a few seconds after this picture was taken I was sliding down the rock on my back yelling I was gonna delete my MTBNJ.com account cause of them. Jeremy, when we should have taken them out when we had the chance 3mtbnj.com guys out of the way 15th place for me. But the pic looks like me and Jshort are bout to kill it so pretend i never told this story

jake's foot is down b/c there is a massive pile up in front of me. i hopped off the bike and ran by about six people right there. i also said hi to mattyb who was fighting with a fun bolt.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
jake's foot is down b/c there is a massive pile up in front of me. i hopped off the bike and ran by about six people right there. i also said hi to mattyb who was fighting with a fun bolt.

Sorry Jake I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming you for me sucking at bikes. It was mostly due to Luke's flash in the warehouse that made me fall over.

fat chance

Thanks man- It was my pleasure filming the drama and carnage at that particular point in the race. Lots of great moments of people putting it all on the line with the prospect of cleaning it, falling or being blocked by other riders- it was a moment that seemed to crush energy and desire no matter what or how the racer did. Even for Monte who came through full tilt animal with some cat on his wheel on the first lap- it was pivotal because the other racer tried to make a pass at that point and Mike fended him off: to witness it was like watching two warriors go at it. I had to stop taking pictures (I wish I had not...) because of the drama at that point.

Great job to everyone- It is great watching people put on their performance (for better or worse) on race day.

Stand out moments was Mike coming through on the first lap, the guy riding a fixed gear bike, the look of defeat that so many people had when they did not have the juice for the left hand line and the mondo crash followed by a half a beer by one of the guys here on the forum.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry Jake I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming you for me sucking at bikes. It was mostly due to Luke's flash in the warehouse that made me fall over.

Dude, I know that! I'm not some...delicate flower.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone have any rashes after the race? I've got a few minor ones .. first I thought they were bug bites, but doesn't seem like it anymore. I'm starting to think this poison ivy (or other plant) mixing in the mud may have some validity. My eyes stung as well, but not as bad as some of you had it.

RNG1

No bodily itching and as this point I think I am as close to normal as I get. I think my allergies have started so that is confusing the eye issue slightly but it is pretty much gone.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Stewart is the poison Ivy capitol of the world, and that's no joke.
If you've ever had a bad reaction to the stuff, prepare for another one.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Utah said he's got poison ivy too

Yup, my left leg is covered. It was my own fault...my pre-race pee stop in the woods. I was warned by an on looker, but ill take a little poison ivy over peeing my pants during a race anytime.

foxtrot

Yep I have a bit of the ivy. During my preride earlier in the week, I noticed quite a bit along the trails. The ivy does not sit good with me either!

maddawg

Does anyone have any rashes after the race? I've got a few minor ones .. first I thought they were bug bites, but doesn't seem like it anymore. I'm starting to think this poison ivy (or other plant) mixing in the mud may have some validity. My eyes stung as well, but not as bad as some of you had it.

thats not poison ivy! that is a rash from having so much fun on your singlespeed bike!!! i believe the only cure is to sacrifice your geared bikes to the gods! or to drink from Thor's flask!

maddawg

SSAP helps out the animals!

SSAP helps out the furry little creatures!!
no not Norm!

5.00 from every entry, as well as the proceeds from the I9 and the Thomson voucher raffle went to 3 local animal charities!

read all about it here!!

Top Bottom