Singlespeed-a-polooza

The Kalmyk

keeps helmet in place and not slide up or down (it was a problem for me)
keeps sweat, water out of eyes
it's the best thing ever

Makes sense... I have been using headbands for years for those exact reasons... I do use a cap but in the winter with ear covers and to block the wind... Gotta try one in the summer though I love my headbands...

woody

Is Woody racing H2H? SS or regular age cat?

Don't know his plans, but I he may have caught some of the fever this past weekend. He's a straight up SS guy though.

Yeah, I'll probably hit some of the H2H races. But I hate that fact that SS and regular are split into separate cats. Maybe we should split rigid/hardtail/fs into three separate subcategories too. :rolleyes:

I might race regular age cat just in protest. We'll see...

Of course, either way, I'll do it on the SS! :)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Yeah, I'll probably hit some of the H2H races. But I hate that fact that SS and regular are split into separate cats. Maybe we should split rigid/hardtail/fs into three separate subcategories too. :rolleyes:

Don't get Vreeland started! :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
Yikes. Too involved with the stressors of my life to realize that this came and went. Great recaps, and congrats to everyone who raced and placed.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there really a purpose for cycling caps while mtbing???? Seems to be the flavor as of late...

i wore it to keep the rain out of my eyes. it occurred to me early on in the first lap that one of those collars that keep dogs from chewing themselves after a surgery would have been better.

Yikes. Too involved with the stressors of my life to realize that this came and went. Great recaps, and congrats to everyone who raced and placed.

holy chit, you're alive??

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake, then me, And Dustin for the trifecta...

4551260123_11757ece37_b.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
As you can see jakes foot is down I quickly realized I wasn't gonna make it and a few seconds after this picture was taken I was sliding down the rock on my back yelling I was gonna delete my MTBNJ.com account cause of them. Jeremy, when we should have taken them out when we had the chance 3mtbnj.com guys out of the way 15th place for me. But the pic looks like me and Jshort are bout to kill it so pretend i never told this story

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As you can see jakes foot is down I quickly realized I wasn't gonna make it and a few seconds after this picture was taken I was sliding down the rock on my back yelling I was gonna delete my MTBNJ.com account cause of them. Jeremy, when we should have taken them out when we had the chance 3mtbnj.com guys out of the way 15th place for me. But the pic looks like me and Jshort are bout to kill it so pretend i never told this story

Well.. since you mentioned it...

dus.jpg

wonderturtle

by the way - does anyone else have really sore ARMS?

my triceps, in particular, are really tight today.

I am guessing the sore triceps are the result of my multi-hour effort to stay vertical on the slippery mud.

fat chance

dudeman messed up my flow
Hey man,
I came across your post and I wanted to drop you a line and say sorry if I messed up your line- sincerely I am. I remember you coming up on me and just stopping- I thought you just ran out of gas...thus the title.

I was definately off the trail standing in the shrub and maybe the prospect of some guy with a camera caught you off guard. If it makes you feel any better, after witnessing the whole field go by NO ONE made that right hand line including some of the cat 1 racers who tried it- so at least you did not burn any matches trying to clean it.

Again, my apologies if I screwed up your flow.

Nice job to everyone out there- I am sure the clean up was/is bitch...

On a seperate note- just about all thepictures I took are up on my flickr site.

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That left line is the best line and very do-able (at least when it's dry). If you carry enough speed going into it, you'll just roll right over. In the wet peanut butter, of course is different story :D

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That left line is the best line and very do-able (at least when it's dry). If you carry enough speed going into it, you'll just roll right over. In the wet peanut butter, of course is different story :D

Walter bunny hopped it while blowing a snot rocket and giving the finger. I think I have a video of it at home...

Top Bottom