Showroom street CRED cars?

THATmanMANNY

This is so shallow. No one should give a shit about what people see you as although we do. Ride what you like and want.

Perfect example today. Im going just as fast as the Altima in front of me with a modded Mustang GT behind me. Looks great and sounds great. definitely a car guy. Oh red light i have to stop. GT slowly pulls into the yellow lined median next to me. Okkkk, wants to overtake me when turns green. Fine. Nope, keeps rolling, checks traffic, absolutely runs the red! Passes through intersection and steps on it and i can tell he lost traction for a couple seconds. Probably on summer tires. You can be perceived however the fuck you want. But stupid is as stupid does! What a fucking asshole!

FTR My Nissan leaf went just as fast as the GT, S4, and Cayenne S during my morning commute.

Will look at used CTR market in a few years or whatever the hell I’m jonesing for.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
This is so shallow. No one should give a shit about what people see you as although we do. Ride what you like and want.

Perfect example today. Im going just as fast as the Altima in front of me with a modded Mustang GT behind me. Looks great and sounds great. definitely a car guy. Oh red light i have to stop. GT slowly pulls into the yellow lined median next to me. Okkkk, wants to overtake me when turns green. Fine. Nope, keeps rolling, checks traffic, absolutely runs the red! Passes through intersection and steps on it and i can tell he lost traction for a couple seconds. Probably on summer tires. You can be perceived however the fuck you want. But stupid is as stupid does! What a fucking asshole!

FTR My Nissan leaf went just as fast as the GT, S4, and Cayenne S during my morning commute.

Will look at used CTR market in a few years or whatever the hell I’m jonesing for.

So you weren't in the tesla? That's one car I won't challenge on a red light "drag race"

rick81721

Lothar
Old retired guys buy Corvettes. Smart guys buy those garage queens 5 years later for 1/3 of the price and beat the shit out of them at the track.

Spending the last 3 months in Florida it was interesting to see half the new vettes I saw were driven by old ladies. Saw old ladies driving new mustangs too but they were never GTs.

THATmanMANNY

So you weren't in the tesla? That's one car I won't challenge on a red light "drag race"
wife's car 99%. WE bought for her. WE meaning money from a joint account and she had no participation in any paperwork, traveling to pick up car, payment, washing and detailing the car, playing bad guy at service center for any warranty work, etc lol

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
wife's car 99%. WE bought for her. WE meaning money from a joint account and she had no participation in any paperwork, traveling to pick up car, payment, washing and detailing the car, playing bad guy at service center for any warranty work, etc lol

Ha, WE, did the opposite with her new BMW. My wife went and test drove every car she was interested in, alone. Then she could always use me as an excuse for not buying. She even bought it without me there by telling the salesman I would be really upset at her if she spent over $40k. During negotiations I was sitting on the PC at work looking at comparable cars online while she was sitting with the sales guy. She just kept calling me with BS questions to get updates.

Of course, now that she has been through a couple of services with Open Road, she thinks their service department sucks compared to Ray Catena. No ass kissing at all.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
? Funny, went to test drive one and was told were waiting for the next shipment. Paramus Honda sold all 5 they got. Have to agree about the looks, the funny thing is Honda tends to design cars that way. I remember when the 3rd gen tegs came out... people hated them, now they look ok.

The specs on that car can be whatever, it looks like an atrocity. I'm trying to picture a group of serious, middle-aged Japanese Honda executives sitting around the table, saying "Hai", and approving production, but am having a hard time. And its got a DI motor, so there will be carbon buildup. I saw an older dude driving this last week on the way home from work, and he just looked silly. Sorry, no cred.

Last edited:

mustclime

The specs on that car can be whatever, it looks like an atrocity. I'm trying to picture a group of serious, middle-aged Japanese Honda executives sitting around the table, saying "Hai", and approving production, but am having a hard time. And its got a DI motor, so there will be carbon buildup. I saw an older dude driving this last week on the way home from work, and he just looked silly. Sorry, no cred.
Yes, there are problems with DI, Honda has an interesting solution though. They have high valve lift and the injectors are pointed so the fuel stream hits the back of the valves. BTW, type-r’s are built in the U.K., not Japan.

mustclime

Maybe not street cred, but there's certain cars that "car guys" buy.

Guys looking for a flashy car don't buy a Lotus. Car guys who want a gokart for the street buy one. Guys who want something flashy buy the Cayman.

Car guys buy the McClaren. People looking to pick up chicks or impress guys buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini or whatever.

Old retired guys buy Corvettes. Smart guys buy those garage queens 5 years later for 1/3 of the price and beat the shit out of them at the track.

"Guy" is the weirdest word in the english language and looks like the name of a fish to me.
I agree with most of this, you have it wrong about McClaren’s. There is a reason all those super car rental places sold their McClarens, they could not keep them out of the shop.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
A 35k civic type-r off the showroom floor would rape that thing on the track... and cost less.... disclaimer: I had a 91 Teg with a turbo kit and a gsr head...... bent a LCA going off turn 1 at Lime Rock.....
i dont think that a clock around lime rock is the reason to dislike a vehicle, i thought we were talking about credibility

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bottom line, you have street cred with a type r imo.

hi everybody...look what I bought....im obviously a car guy now and gotz cred...TRIPLE EXHAUST FTW

4.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I agree with most of this, you have it wrong about McClaren’s. There is a reason all those super car rental places sold their McClarens, they could not keep them out of the shop.

I never said they were reliable. :) I just said they were a "car guy" type car. General people on the street have no idea what they are.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The new Civic SI looks even dumber in person. It's crazy. I sat in one at the dealership and if they made a normal looking version of the car I'd consider it. But even the most basic plain-jane version of the Civic now looks like 90's ricer's wet dream. The SI takes it over the edge.

The new Civic hatchback ticks a lot of boxes for me, but holy crap is it ridiculous looking. And this is coming from a guy who drives a Fit.

Top Bottom