Showroom street CRED cars?

jdgang

i miss the pillar-less doors of the old cars.
modp-1111-01%2b1976-toyota-celica%2bcover.jpg
The MB E Class Coupe has pillar-less doors https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/class/class-E/bodystyle-CPE

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the GT40 gets some street cred...both for its history on the track and the fact that your average douche bag out to buy a super car would probably never even consider a Ford.

mustclime

old school honda bro took apart this jdm itr and built it bolt by bolt; what could be better?

A 35k civic type-r off the showroom floor would rape that thing on the track... and cost less.... disclaimer: I had a 91 Teg with a turbo kit and a gsr head...... bent a LCA going off turn 1 at Lime Rock.....

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Maybe, but then you'd have to be seen in one of those horrible POS's.

The only thing the Civic R is missing is a huge Mugen sticker on the back window. Does Honda expect adults to buy this car?

And Tesla as a car company won’t exist in 5-6 years, writing is on the wall. First Musk gives himself a $2.5B payout. If they actually ramp up model 3 production, every financial analyst is advising investors to treat the stock bump as an exit strategy. Then there’s VW signing a $25B battery contract. A company that actually knows how to build a production line that’s efficient.

mustclime

Ever seen the Tesla lighting lap on YouTube? Thing could not complete one lap without going into limp mode.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The only thing the Civic R is missing is a huge Mugen sticker on the back window. Does Honda expect adults to buy this car?.

Doubtful anyone over 15 thinks it's good looking. Probably the biggest dud in the market right now, who gives a shit what the specs are.

mustclime

Doubtful anyone over 15 thinks it's good looking. Probably the biggest dud in the market right now, who gives a shit what the specs are.
? Funny, went to test drive one and was told were waiting for the next shipment. Paramus Honda sold all 5 they got. Have to agree about the looks, the funny thing is Honda tends to design cars that way. I remember when the 3rd gen tegs came out... people hated them, now they look ok.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe not street cred, but there's certain cars that "car guys" buy.

Guys looking for a flashy car don't buy a Lotus. Car guys who want a gokart for the street buy one. Guys who want something flashy buy the Cayman.

Car guys buy the McClaren. People looking to pick up chicks or impress guys buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini or whatever.

Old retired guys buy Corvettes. Smart guys buy those garage queens 5 years later for 1/3 of the price and beat the shit out of them at the track.

"Guy" is the weirdest word in the english language and looks like the name of a fish to me.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
? Funny, went to test drive one and was told were waiting for the next shipment. Paramus Honda sold all 5 they got. Have to agree about the looks, the funny thing is Honda tends to design cars that way. I remember when the 3rd gen tegs came out... people hated them, now they look ok.

How much were they marking the Rs up? They sell for close to 50k which is pretty absurd for a 37k sticker.
I'm surprised they even make them available for a test drive.

mustclime

How much were they marking the Rs up? They sell for close to 50k which is pretty absurd for a 37k sticker.
I'm surprised they even make them available for a test drive.
Thus, not a market failure..... the type-r is the best “hot hatch” without a any real option( please do not bring up the Focus RS, the head gasket/ carbon build up from DI are a fail). Bottom line, you have street cred with a type r imo.

Top Bottom