Showroom street CRED cars?

ya, the golden era hondas died in 2000. hard to get behind them now as much as i really want toefae89ddbb468c7b86fbee269e67b381.jpgScreen-Shot-2015-12-15-at-12.24.15-PM-940x590.pngDSC_9172-940x627.jpg

Say what you will but the type-r is a track car and the fastest fwd Honda has ever produced. I kinda like the front but dat a$$ is hard to look at... guess you better get a car that has better numbers than 3100 lbs and 305 hp. Not a problem for me, my hatch’s numbers are 3450 lbs and 460 hp.:cool:

Back on topic.....I see a 1le, IMO that guy has more street cred than me.... same goes for a Shelby gt350, Dodge Demon or a Porsche gt2.

Say what you will but the type-r is a track car and the fastest fwd Honda has ever produced. I kinda like the front but dat a$$ is hard to look at... guess you better get a car that has better numbers than 3100 lbs and 305 hp. Not a problem for me, my hatch’s numbers are 3450 lbs and 460 hp.:cool:

Back on topic.....I see a 1le, IMO that guy has more street cred than me.... same goes for a Shelby gt350, Dodge Demon or a Porsche gt2.

If you're buying a track toy, is a $50k fwd car really what your going to get? And for $50k are you really going to buy that thing? I'd rather cough up the extra $10k and get an RS3, which is faster and looks way better.

I don't know, I give someone with a 1le, Shelby, or Demon more cred since at that price point you have choices, and have to spend your money wisely. All it takes is money to get a GT2. Not saying that some real drivers don't buy these, but alot more collectors do than someone taking it home and dreaming about lap times and some rear-wheel drifts. On the other hand, I'm having a hard time relating because I don't give a shit about cred, I buy whatever I can afford thats fun to drive and feels good, as the first priority.

if you make this into cycling terms, it makes more sense:

if the guy buys the top of the line s-works epic and shows up on the group ride, are you giving him kudos for being a awesome cyclist? or just a guy with deep pockets? if i saw some guy on a haro mary SS in 2018 i would be way more interested in talking with him.

Yeah I didn't get the GT350 for street cred, just always wanted another mustang as my first car ever was the worst mustang ever made (75 mustang II) so as a retirement present to myself I wanted the best mustang produced to date. Plus I followed the GT350 since it was first made public. Never tracked a car but that may change after I attend Ford's track attack school this summer.

S-Works? Isn’t that a re branded Giant? Maybe a Yeti or a Intense.... yea, he gets cred till the first climb:oops:...watched a naval training film on “rank”, it said your rank gives you respect for the first ten minutes, after that you have to earn it. That’s kinda like street cred.... kinda

if you make this into cycling terms, it makes more sense:

if the guy buys the top of the line s-works epic and shows up on the group ride, are you giving him kudos for being a awesome cyclist? or just a guy with deep pockets? if i saw some guy on a haro mary SS in 2018 i would be way more interested in talking with him.

Ya but what "stage" is his s-works?

If hes riding with powercranks he might get more street cred

dude, I'm not arguing with you. I would drive a type R all day but I really don't care for this street cre topic. Everyone should just drive whatever the hell they want. Ride whatever the hell bike they want. Wear whatever the hell they want. I was just sharing that people are already selling for below MSRP used and by the first paragraph of his listing he has been getting offers in monopoly money

Back
Top Bottom