Short Track #1: Time to Register

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It only worked once when I tried it last week.

The FAA rules prohibit flying over people without a waiver. Lakes are ok to crash in. Hundreds of drones are now artificial reefs. I could make a fortune doing dive salvage if I can fit into my BCD still.
I have a couple of Phantoms in the Pacific Ocean if you're feeling ambitious.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It only worked once when I tried it last week.

The FAA rules prohibit flying over people without a waiver. Lakes are ok to crash in. Hundreds of drones are now artificial reefs. I could make a fortune doing dive salvage if I can fit into my BCD still.

this is still being interpreted as "over a human" - so over the lake, with camera line-of-sight of the race would be ok.
the lake is frozen. in case of a crash we can send someone with fatbike out, they float on snow. :D

i'd do a class to get a part 107 certificate. will look around.

SCOTTscale

easier to ask for forgiveness than permission....
I'm cheap. I don't have unlimited data anymore.

As for the lake. Is there a difference in control over water vs. land? Why did you loose so many??

I had the sucker at 399 feet over the weekend.

I'm not very good yet. Please subscribe. I need 900 more subscribers to qualify to make money now. :-(. Cheap bastards at YouTube.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm cheap. I don't have unlimited data anymore.

As for the lake. Is there a difference in control over water vs. land? Why did you loose so many??

I always preferred flying over water to be honest. There are no trees to crash into :) Flying over the ocean is a different animal though. A rogue gust can ruin your day real quick.

SCOTTscale

I always preferred flying over water to be honest. There are no trees to crash into :) Flying over the ocean is a different animal though. A rogue gust can ruin your day real quick.
Will see what happens. If you see me after my race flying around come say hello. I need to get the iPad mount for my Mavic Pro. Phone screen is too small and not bright enough.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not at all. Would love to see this drone come into play. I'll give you $10 if you crash it into @UtahJoe. $20 if it's on fire when you do. $30 if you set him on fire.

is this open to anyone? people on fire, or at least being targeted, would def up the registration numbers. or the new category of spectator @ $1 ea.
in this case, you might have to build your own drone to be true to the target. :D

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not at all. Would love to see this drone come into play. I'll give you $10 if you crash it into @UtahJoe. $20 if it's on fire when you do. $30 if you set him on fire.
there-were-horses.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nevermind the live broadcast....would be awesome to just have a drone hovering over the lake, panning around and getting shots of everyone on the course racing around it.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nevermind the live broadcast....would be awesome to just have a drone hovering over the lake, panning around and getting shots of everyone on the course racing around it.
Did you miss the part where @Norm pays the pilot to set you on fire?

Top Bottom