Short Track #1 Over/Under

xc62701

What’s it gonna be? I hope this can be pulled off but I’m also realistic and this has been a crappy/icy winter. Totals have been downgraded through the day. I see 1-3 plus some ice now for the area. I’m thinking of bringing my xc skis instead. Thoughts?

I think I'll have another beer...

025D0A2E-4497-4AAE-ADE2-A6BF854E4A84.jpeg

I don’t know. We’ll need to make the call in the morning.

I like it less than you guys do.

Sorry to have to make the call. That’s not fun with the effort that goes into this. I’m crossing my fingers it’s still good.

I don't mind adults making decisions on how fast they go given the conditions. The kids don't have the experience or fear. My only concern.

I don't mind adults making decisions on how fast they go given the conditions. The kids don't have the experience or fear. My only concern.

Amazing things happen when you remove fear.... and kids are more pliable.. adults hit the ground and break easier and stay broken much longer. Kidding

Watching this thread because of the inquiries from the kid’s parents.

Tough call, more to consider than just the race course. People traveling distance may have to deal with slick road conditions early in the morning. I'm sure the MTBNJ crew has been there, done that so, I'm confident the correct decision will be made. Hoping for a go, will respect any call.

Question... is there something other than on site recon reports that you look at when making such a call?

Oh for sure.

Site recon
Who is making the recon
Who else lives close
Forecast for today/tonight/tomorrow
Previous conditions
Availability of volunteers for the day
Is it still snowing?
The fact that 66 sets of parents are sweating this mess right now. Wow, 66 is a lot.

Today or tomorrow?

Haha good question. Today.

Oh for sure.

Site recon
Who is making the recon
Who else lives close
Forecast for today/tonight/tomorrow
Previous conditions
Availability of volunteers for the day
Is it still snowing?
The fact that 66 sets of parents are sweating this mess right now. Wow, 66 is a lot.

Haha good question. Today.

Would’ve been funny if you said tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom