Short track #1...errr...2? Closed

doh....and I was considering "racing". Guess I'm off the hook now.

Totally understandable @Norm and MTBNJ crew - thanks for trying!!!

THINK SPRING!

its coming back too slowly at this point, i love winter, but im currently ready for spring.

If this were back in the old days, we might be able to pull this off and enjoy the mess. But I can't go into this and dump 60 kids onto a course like this. Being honest, I don't see this changing much between now and next weekend either.

“See kids, back when I was your age, we had to race in six feet of snow...barefoot! On road bikes!”

Man, thats a shitty spot to be in...

Thinking like a big kid, a snow race would be AWESOME, EPIC, SICK or whatever kids say these days and the kids would love it. It playing in the snow with bikes... I definitely would’ve provoke a monster snow ball fight.

Thinking like an adult, Safety first, risk averse, happy parents. Womp womp

any chance ST can be moved to after the H2H race in Allamuchy?
Besides the NICA races are there other opportunities for kids to ride for free in the area? Also the BSA loses out since I know the proceeds go to them.

I'd be willing to donate my race fee. Maybe make it an option to get a refund or donate some portion of the fee. Some folks signed up for multiple races so may not want to donate all of it.
That may be complicated so a link to donate to BSA will work too.

The unfortunate reality is that with these numbers of overall people and kids, we need to basically satisfy the following 2 things:

1. The course needs to be reasonably friendly for kids as low in age as 8 years old
2. We need to be able to park ~150 cars

If this were back in the old days, we might be able to pull this off and enjoy the mess. But I can't go into this and dump 60 kids onto a course like this. Being honest, I don't see this changing much between now and next weekend either.

@Norm Just wanted to also say thanks for trying as well. I am sure for you and the team this is a bit of logistical nightmare with good weather, and we certainly dont want to make it a bad experience for anyone especially the 50 kids who planned to join. So while I am disappointed to not be able to show off my DFL skills in the Beginner class, it's certainly the right call.

Wondering if in the future there is a chance to ride that course for fun at all but i am sure the BSA has its rules since it's private property. Or perhaps there's some arrangement with NICA kids to use it for something..just thoughts. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom