Ships Log: Fat Aircraft carrier war games

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thing of it like using a lever and a series of links to pull on your handle bar to work the brakes....Then compare it to your fancy hydro disc brakes. Essentially the same thing.
Raleigh Roller Lever Brakes x a millionty

Raleigh_-_Care_For_Your_Cycle_page_18_main_image.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A little update as the project marches on....

I have been delayed for the past 2.5 weeks because the guys doing my sandblasting and powder coating was busy with other stuff....However on friday, I went over and picked up everything, plus a ton of other parts for the car that had been at the shop for a long time now. Mostly the suspension pieces and hardware. After getting everything back I spent what little free time I had this weekend working on the front suspension and steering....

Replacing the control arms with new ones, but I the original hardware I had blasted along with everything else that I was reusing.

20180903_163139.jpg

Got the control arms in and mounted up. The only upgrade over stock I made here are the spring perches. I bought a set of
perches which supposedly make a drastic improvement in the front end...we'll see, they were pretty inexpensive

20180903_210725.jpg

steering gear is in

20180904_225123.jpg

Steering box is rebuilt and back in, brake lines are in, fuel line is in.

20180904_225103.jpg

So things are moving along. The pedal box for the clutch is getting welded right now and I dropped the axles off last night. I found a local shop that will press the new bearings on.

Heres an interesting pic...This is one of the old quarter panel extensions...it was never reused bc it didnt fit quite right with the new quarters...rather than mod them, it was was easier/cheaper to buy new ones that fit nicely with the new quarters. But they were never sand blasted and still have the old color. I think in the end it was a pretty good match.
20180831_155503.jpg

In other news, I have been taking bob riding alot in the past month and he has really made some improvements.

First we started going to greystone...or central park of morris, or whatever its called now. Its always going to be greystone to me. This place is pretty fun for bob, some dirt and gravel and some small hills...he surprised me on the hills and can really motor up them pretty well now...

20180815_184756.jpg

we stopped by this "robot eagle" for a picture
20180815_185520.jpg

Then we hit up the tourne...Just on that long flat trail that runs across the middle. like 6 weeks ago I took bob on this and it was a total mess. Its not really flat, I mean for a 4 year old. But at first he couldnt ride up any of it. But after a few tries, he can now make it across and back without much issue. Few things his 16" wheels will get hung up on, but all good. He did have one crash where he tumbled and cut his mouth on a rock, but he got up and we finished the ride.

Then this past weekend I took him to 6MR for the first time. He absolutely loved this and we had a blast. Whats funny is that he made it up a number of hills that surprised me, but hes getting a little timid on the downhills. I think this is mainly bc he does not know how/feel comfortable standing on his pedals yet...so I have been trying to work on this...but teaching a 4 year old to do anything is like teaching a dog tricks, but 8000 times harder :) At least a dog listens. I imagine teaching 4 year olds is more like teaching cats. They will learn, but on their terms only.

Anyway, we did about 4 miles out and back on blue...mostly problem free except for him crashing off the side of this bridge and falling down quite a ways. Luckily the weeds cushioned him. He actually rode it perfectly the other way...liked it so much, he wanted to go back and do it again. So on his return, there is a high step to get onto the bridge, he slams it and it knocks the bike sideways...boom, off he goes. Im like HOLY SHIT!....but he was fine...little freaked out. But demanded to do it again, so all good.

20180901_152843.jpg

20180901_154816.jpg

Its been great riding with him. Big thanks to @taylor185 for this bike, I hope to pass it along to someone else one day as it is a perfect bike for a kid his size. It might be worn down to the nub tho as he has been riding the hell out of it.

Attachments

• 20180904_225054.jpg
    20180904_225054.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 104

rick81721

Lothar
A little update as the project marches on....

I have been delayed for the past 2.5 weeks because the guys doing my sandblasting and powder coating was busy with other stuff....However on friday, I went over and picked up everything, plus a ton of other parts for the car that had been at the shop for a long time now. Mostly the suspension pieces and hardware. After getting everything back I spent what little free time I had this weekend working on the front suspension and steering....

Replacing the control arms with new ones, but I the original hardware I had blasted along with everything else that I was reusing.

View attachment 76565

Got the control arms in and mounted up. The only upgrade over stock I made here are the spring perches. I bought a set of
perches which supposedly make a drastic improvement in the front end...we'll see, they were pretty inexpensive

View attachment 76569
steering gear is in

View attachment 76568
Steering box is rebuilt and back in, brake lines are in, fuel line is in.

View attachment 76567

So things are moving along. The pedal box for the clutch is getting welded right now and I dropped the axles off last night. I found a local shop that will press the new bearings on.

Heres an interesting pic...This is one of the old quarter panel extensions...it was never reused bc it didnt fit quite right with the new quarters...rather than mod them, it was was easier/cheaper to buy new ones that fit nicely with the new quarters. But they were never sand blasted and still have the old color. I think in the end it was a pretty good match.
View attachment 76573

In other news, I have been taking bob riding alot in the past month and he has really made some improvements.

First we started going to greystone...or central park of morris, or whatever its called now. Its always going to be greystone to me. This place is pretty fun for bob, some dirt and gravel and some small hills...he surprised me on the hills and can really motor up them pretty well now...

View attachment 76571

we stopped by this "robot eagle" for a picture
View attachment 76572

Then we hit up the tourne...Just on that long flat trail that runs across the middle. like 6 weeks ago I took bob on this and it was a total mess. Its not really flat, I mean for a 4 year old. But at first he couldnt ride up any of it. But after a few tries, he can now make it across and back without much issue. Few things his 16" wheels will get hung up on, but all good. He did have one crash where he tumbled and cut his mouth on a rock, but he got up and we finished the ride.

Then this past weekend I took him to 6MR for the first time. He absolutely loved this and we had a blast. Whats funny is that he made it up a number of hills that surprised me, but hes getting a little timid on the downhills. I think this is mainly bc he does not know how/feel comfortable standing on his pedals yet...so I have been trying to work on this...but teaching a 4 year old to do anything is like teaching a dog tricks, but 8000 times harder :) At least a dog listens. I imagine teaching 4 year olds is more like teaching cats. They will learn, but on their terms only.

Anyway, we did about 4 miles out and back on blue...mostly problem free except for him crashing off the side of this bridge and falling down quite a ways. Luckily the weeds cushioned him. He actually rode it perfectly the other way...liked it so much, he wanted to go back and do it again. So on his return, there is a high step to get onto the bridge, he slams it and it knocks the bike sideways...boom, off he goes. Im like HOLY SHIT!....but he was fine...little freaked out. But demanded to do it again, so all good.

View attachment 76575

View attachment 76574

Its been great riding with him. Big thanks to @taylor185 for this bike, I hope to pass it along to someone else one day as it is a perfect bike for a kid his size. It might be worn down to the nub tho as he has been riding the hell out of it.

Tell Bob even big kids fall off that boardwalk - I've done it a few times!

Love seeing the work on the mustang

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's

love this! so great that it's being used and enjoyed so much. My only regret is not tracking mileage from the start. Between Bob and Miles, that thing will reach 10K miles in no time. If we time things correctly, there may be a 20" Isla next...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey I took a trip....here are some pics...

Ok I can do a little more writing than that....A while back my wife and I decided to take a trip to San Diego....Not sure how we picked...I think it started with my wife wanting to go to the beach, somehow florida came up...we remember that we...well moreso me, hates Florida..How about someplace else...ANYWHERE ELSE ON EARTH PLEASE...Afghanistan have any nice beaches?

So we picked San Diego for a couple of reasons.....Allison always wanted to see the zoo there, awesome beaches, lots of other stuff to do, she has family we can stay with...its not florida, sounded good to me....

We left NJ at 8pm, landed around midnight...Picked up the rental
20180916_163353.jpg

Hey I figured when in San Diego, might as well get a convertible...and the mustang seemed by far the more entertaining choice. My wife loved the idea until we walked up to the car and she tried opening the rear door that didnt exist...Wait? its a 2 door? Im like you cant be serious can you? Roberts car seat fit perfectly and I had it installed in 60 seconds...which is more than I can say for my Toyota pick up. Really fun car, I mean by far the most fun, standard priced rental car I have ever driven. The 10 speed auto was a blast in sport plus mode, but 10 times more fun in drag race mode....It shifted so hard it would spin the tires into 2nd and 3rd. Tons of low end torque, high end it would fall off....sound left alot to be desired...I mean I have heard this engine in a focus ST and RS and it sounds pretty good, but in this car, its totally muffled outside of some turbo whistling which is disappointing. But I loved it, very fun car. Good seats, comfortable, fast enough, didnt feel big...like at all...ride quality was only like 5000 times better than any brand new fox mustang I have ever driven...so like 400,000^23 times better than my 67. Family LOVED it once we woke up the next day and had our first drive in the California sun/weather.

And goddam, they arent kidding about the SD weather...I mean I know its a cliche, but that is the definition of perfect.

Als cousin lives in Imperial Beach, like 1/2mile from the water...we did some food shopping the first day, went to the beach...mostly just chilled after the long night of travel. Bob had an epic meltdown which we all expected after we messed up his sleep schedule badly.....it was good to get Als cousin accustomed to life with a 4 year old right off the bat :)
20180914_134537.jpg
20180914_145057.jpg

Second day we hit up the Balboa Park...where there are a whole number of different museums.....really beautiful place...We ended up checking out the auto, natural history, miniature train museums.

There was a steampunk exhibition going on
20180915_115803.jpg

They had a couple of Steve McQueens dirtbikes...His Elsinore and Husky....If you loved "on any given sunday" as much as I did this was awesome to see. Steve really was the man

20180915_120029.jpg
20180915_120037.jpg

20180915_155521.jpg

hit up this awesome mexican place in the gaslight district....funky garcias IIRC. Padres game was happening like a block away, so the city was packed with their 11 fans ;)

20180915_164910.jpg

Next day we went to the midway museum....which Bob had a tirade about not wanting to go....however, 60 seconds in he was saying THANK YOU FOR TAKING ME HERE DADDY...Kids are the best, they make as much sense as avant garde music.

I love the endless switches and buttons in a fighter cockpit....Mind blowing to think that a fighter pilot has to not only fly this things and not get shot down...Land on a moving ship...but also know where every one of these switches are and what they do without looking down..crazy stuff.
20180916_103345.jpg
20180916_122906.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Continued

Then we took a ride to point loma and let Bob take our picture

20180916_160140.jpg

Went to La Jolla cove which was awesome

20180915_103243.jpg
20180915_104031.jpg

Much to my dismay we went to Disneyland. My son loved it of course...we only did the California adventure side, which was enough for 1 day. I did really enjoy the "Soarin" ride...that was really well done.....However, for half of what Disney charges, I got to fly a real plane for 3 hours and didnt have to stand in line for half my day. I love that if you bought tickets to both parks it would be $500 for the day...and $20 to park...they have balls the size of Jupiter. Whatever, its a thing, you do it. Just happy that this one didnt involve being in the city of Orlando

Next day was much better as we went to the SD Zoo. Obligatory Panda picture
20180918_115908.jpg

This was awesome...definitely the best zoo I have ever been to...Many animals that I have never seen or heard of....really well done.

Last day we went to the beach on Coronado...Im not a beach person, but being buzzed all day by Navy Seahawks, F18s, and a C5 galaxy made it enjoyable.
20180919_113238.jpg
20180919_120433.jpg

Went to imperial for the last sunset
20180919_183044.jpg

Man SD is awesome. I didnt see a cloud for a full week.... As I told my wife...after going to SD, there is no reason to ever go to Florida ever again.

Attachments

• 20180917_131320.jpg
    20180917_131320.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 101

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So then there was the last day...THE LONGEST DAY.

For @Kirt s 29th birthday he wanted to go to Utah for some biking. Fast forward a couple of months and it ended up being myself, Kirt, @Chris26er and @graveyardman67 doing a 5 day trip...I decided to set it up where I would just fly from SD to SLC rather than go back to NJ first. I was happy that we were flying into SLC as it gave us an opportunity to ride in Park City...Which despite living in for almost 7 years, I never rode a bike in...I mean outside of around my neighborhood. So the plan was 1 day ride in PC, then drive to Moab for 3 days, then back to SLC.

So first day....wake up at 3am...Drive to SD airport with the family...they are headed back to Newark, im heading to SLC with a stop at LAX first. Plan is to get to SLC, get car, drive to PC, rent bikes, take a shuttle to Guardsmans, ride the crest trail, return bikes, then drive the ~4hrs to moab....GONNA BE A LONG DAY.
said goodbye to the family...
20180920_052051.jpg

Flight to LAX take like 15min, then get to SLC at 11:15....Get off the plane and go get the rental car before the boys arrive to save some time. Scored a new F150 crew cab which is perfect for this trip. Meet up with the crew and we drive up to PC, grab lunch, head to Jans to pick up bikes. Couldnt get fancy rentals for a half day, I tried...so I had an alloy bronson. Found a local taxi in town that picked us up and gave us a ride to the top of guardmans. I suppose if we had more time, we could have ridden our way up there, but just not in the cards on this day.

Top of Guardsmans, Park city to the left....Love this valley...When I was a kid my dad and I would dirt bike and snowmobile up here all the time...Lot of great memories
20180920_141239.jpg

Then we hit up the Crest trail, which I figured would be a good choice as you get a ton of great views of both PC and big cottonwood canyon

20180920_150724.jpg

Trail was mostly very smooth ST and DT starting out, then we hit puke hill....I think about 350' climb in .5 miles...Nothing crazy, although it feels quite a bit harder at ~10,000 of elevation. I have walked puke hill many times in ski boots with my skis on my back, it sucks both ways :)

Oh ya the bikes we rented had tubes...So it only took a mile or so before the carnage started happening....This is also with 40psi in the tires.

20180920_151926.jpg

The view at the spine was amazing...I have never been to this spot in the summer.

20180920_152750.jpg

20180920_154438.jpg

We made our way to the end of the crest trail, then hit a few trails in the canyons before making our way to Rt224 and taking the bike path back to town...We did a few harder trails in the canyons that were steep with insanely loose dirt...little sketchy. Our bikes didnt have droppers...For me, a size large bronson is like unridable without a dropper...Im not tall enough to get back behind the seat...So I just dropped the post and left it down there.

It was a good ride...great first day. Views were spectacular. The trail itself was ok, nothing special....Like outside of the spine, I really cant remember many "wow that was cool" sections with regards to the trail or trail work. Do this trail for the views.

Dropped the bikes back off in town, then started the drive to Moab. Stopped in Provo for some Japanese food, then did the remaining 3 hrs or so thru a whole lot of nothing. I made it to Rt70, then let 6er take over driving duties. Got to town around midnight or so...LONG LONG day.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We loved the SD Zoo as well. Best we ever went to.

@UtahJoe you would appreciate this-- few years ago i had dinner at Mirimar in a hangar close to the runways where the jet fighters were doo g touch-n-gos at sunset, really cool watching the blue flames kick on at dusk.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there a chair lift near this pic? That looks familiar, me and some local buddies skied Park City about 10 yrs ago. I have to look for the pic at home.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So then there was the last day...THE LONGEST DAY.

For @Kirt s 29th birthday he wanted to go to Utah for some biking. Fast forward a couple of months and it ended up being myself, Kirt, @Chris26er and @graveyardman67 doing a 5 day trip...I decided to set it up where I would just fly from SD to SLC rather than go back to NJ first. I was happy that we were flying into SLC as it gave us an opportunity to ride in Park City...Which despite living in for almost 7 years, I never rode a bike in...I mean outside of around my neighborhood. So the plan was 1 day ride in PC, then drive to Moab for 3 days, then back to SLC.

So first day....wake up at 3am...Drive to SD airport with the family...they are headed back to Newark, im heading to SLC with a stop at LAX first. Plan is to get to SLC, get car, drive to PC, rent bikes, take a shuttle to Guardsmans, ride the crest trail, return bikes, then drive the ~4hrs to moab....GONNA BE A LONG DAY.
said goodbye to the family...
View attachment 77587

Flight to LAX take like 15min, then get to SLC at 11:15....Get off the plane and go get the rental car before the boys arrive to save some time. Scored a new F150 crew cab which is perfect for this trip. Meet up with the crew and we drive up to PC, grab lunch, head to Jans to pick up bikes. Couldnt get fancy rentals for a half day, I tried...so I had an alloy bronson. Found a local taxi in town that picked us up and gave us a ride to the top of guardmans. I suppose if we had more time, we could have ridden our way up there, but just not in the cards on this day.

Top of Guardsmans, Park city to the left....Love this valley...When I was a kid my dad and I would dirt bike and snowmobile up here all the time...Lot of great memories
View attachment 77588

Then we hit up the Crest trail, which I figured would be a good choice as you get a ton of great views of both PC and big cottonwood canyon

View attachment 77589

Trail was mostly very smooth ST and DT starting out, then we hit puke hill....I think about 350' climb in .5 miles...Nothing crazy, although it feels quite a bit harder at ~10,000 of elevation. I have walked puke hill many times in ski boots with my skis on my back, it sucks both ways :)

Oh ya the bikes we rented had tubes...So it only took a mile or so before the carnage started happening....This is also with 40psi in the tires.

View attachment 77590

The view at the spine was amazing...I have never been to this spot in the summer.

View attachment 77591

View attachment 77592

We made our way to the end of the crest trail, then hit a few trails in the canyons before making our way to Rt224 and taking the bike path back to town...We did a few harder trails in the canyons that were steep with insanely loose dirt...little sketchy. Our bikes didnt have droppers...For me, a size large bronson is like unridable without a dropper...Im not tall enough to get back behind the seat...So I just dropped the post and left it down there.

It was a good ride...great first day. Views were spectacular. The trail itself was ok, nothing special....Like outside of the spine, I really cant remember many "wow that was cool" sections with regards to the trail or trail work. Do this trail for the views.

Dropped the bikes back off in town, then started the drive to Moab. Stopped in Provo for some Japanese food, then did the remaining 3 hrs or so thru a whole lot of nothing. I made it to Rt70, then let 6er take over driving duties. Got to town around midnight or so...LONG LONG day.

Cod Tam, I love PC area this time of year with the Aspens turning yellow. I rode to the top of Guardsman from Heber/Midway and it was brutal. I was so jealous of the kids I saw at the top waiting to drop back down the cottonwood side on their big big bikes. Their grandpops had shuttled them to the top.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 1 in Moab...W.E.

Man, if you plan on going to moab in september, just make sure you rent bikes like in February. Well high end bikes that is, 2 months in advance and I couldnt find any...But thankfully, the next level down bikes in moab were available and they were actually pretty decent. I had a Rocky mountain A50...27.5 with a 160 fox 36, brand new minion 2.5 front and an aggressor rear...mounted tubeless...so had some things going for it.

We took the 10am shuttle since we need to rent bikes first...I would have preferred 8am since I know how hot moab gets, but thats the window we had. Im excited to be able to head up to the top and do whole enchilada again....I last did it in 2012. In 2014 when I went to moab there was snow above kokopelli, so we started there. Which is still great, but Burro Pass and Hazard county are fantastic...so if im going to moab to ride bikes, I want to hit those up too.

Goddam that is one long ride in a van...Its great when you are standing the city of Moab and you look out at where the LaSal mountains are way in the distance...then you say..oh ya, were going up there to start...Like THERE...way the fuck out there!
I didnt take this picture, but I love this view....its about in the middle of the WE...but you start on top of the snowy peaks you see in the distance...Just gives a great perspective on how much ground and terrain it covers
margus_riga_moab_utah_ridespots_slider_7.jpg

Anyway, so we arrive at the top of Geyser with 2 other vans, so lets say 50 people for round numbers. In the 6 years since I had done the climb up to the top of burro pass, all I can really remember was that it was hard, but less than 30 min, so not absurd. Strava says its 700' up in 1 mile...which is solid, but then factor in it starts at 10,500ft and ends at 11,200...and your riding at 35lb tank....Feels a little different than the numbers might suggest. its a real kick in the nuts, but we knock it out in about 20min and reach the top.

20180921_114655.jpg

We got a good head start on the army behind us so we didnt do too much standing around. As we rode over to the base of the climb, we were behind a group from florida who were dismounting on some six mile like rock features...I was thinking "man these guys are in for a LONG LONG day."

Started heading down Burro pass....Its steeper, more rocky, and more loose than I had remembered 6 years ago....In short order the rear 160 rotor on my bike is causing the pads to melt, same with 6er....We regroup after the first 5min or so with our rear brakes smoking and pads bbq'd....But goddam what a ride. I love this section...There is tons of DH on the WE, but this is about the only part where you feel like you are at a DH park.

At the bottom you head thru the aspens for a while which is amazing....then over and climb back up a bit to the bottom of Hazzard co....I didnt take a ton of pics thru here this time, but I saw this and thought it kinda neat...wonder what kind of bikes they were on.
IMG_20180922_153456_354.jpg

This new reroute doesnt take you past Werner lake anymore which is kind of a bummer bc the view from there is amazing....you can look back and see where you started...in the little valley between the peaks....not my pic, but its a famous picture spot along the way

photo+3+%252835%2529.JPG

Then we hit hazzard county...Another great section of winding, flowy single track and a good amount of rocks... i was following bill who was ripping until he tore a giant hole in his rear tire.....repairs made, we get rolling to Kokopelli....We thought about hitting the Jimmy Keen section rather than kokopelli...ultimately we decided not too and in the end, it was good that we didnt. Its not midday, about 90+ and that sun is starting to bake us. Im really not used to riding in the hot sun and 90+ degrees. I mean I will ride in any heat in NJ but we are almost always in the shade. The sun, heat, dry, air...plus non sightseeing pace...felt harder than I remembered 6 years ago when I just wanted to take it all in.

UPS was awesome...Whats funny is that I ride with @Chris26er all the time...hes a great rider, but usually hes riding this old clapped out scalpel....Now seeing him on a proper enduro 150mm bike...hes just ripping off everything...Id say the same about bill, but we all know that about bill already. What a blast this part is...the trail is excellent, the exposure and views are like nothing I have seen anywhere else and it just goes on and on and on.
We stopped at a couple of the picture spots, but not too many.
20180921_132435.jpg

20180921_132439.jpg

Bill got two more flats by the time we got to LPS....he was on our last 27.5 tube. This trails is rough/fast and even with alot of rear tire pressure, 3 of the 4 of us dented our rims...I dented mine in 3 spots.

We kept it moving pretty steady after that with minimal stops...We were all getting a little cooked from the sun and its quite a beating on your hands and body for 3+ hours of moving time....much of which you are standing. Its pretty much relentless rocks for 30+miles....Was by far the best i had ever done LPS...There is only one exposure spot on LPS that freaks me out a bit and I just kinda checked myself and shimmied along.

By the time we hit the road, we were all dying for some shade.......But man what a ride. I still say its the best ride I have ever done....quality of trail + views...not sure what might top it. Really is an "epic" ride.

Rode back to the truck, to the condo and then had some killer Mexican for dinner...and im forgetting the name of the place. What a day and we still had 2 more to go.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 2....Amasa back.

I love this place too...its not an epic ride on the level of the WE, but its more like a great day at ringwood...Trails are awesome, as are the views.

We were all a little cooked from the day before and it was going to be even hotter this day. Plan was to climb up Hymasa, then the jeep trail to the pothole arch and finish with capt. ahab. Amasa is more typical NJ tech trails...slower rolling, lot of power bursts to get up and over things...lots of climbing. We make our way up to the top and then onto the jeep trail...which is double track, but even that is fun here

Great view from the top
20180922_103837.jpg
20180922_103850.jpg

Then we got to the intersection of rockstacker and the 4x4 trail...We messed up and took rockstacker backwards....Fun decending for a few mins, but we did have to hike up a few rock features that are supposed to be ridden the other way...whoops. Then we headed out to pot hole arch which end with an amazing view
20180922_113133.jpg
20180922_113139.jpg
20180922_113421.jpg

Then we made our way back to Capt. ahab....There is a long, tough climb out of this trail and by now we are getting fully cooked by the sun....I soon ran out of water which I suspected might be an issue at the pace we were running. We hit the first part of ahab which is a ~15-20min climb or so...Bill has decided to turn it up and 6er and I follow suit...5000+' of el., no water, 93 deg, and a hard pace made this a little tougher than i remember....by the time we got to the top we were feeling it to say the least. Hit the DH, which is more like up and down over rock features with a ton of grunts up and over rocks....finally after about 30-40min we hit bottom...oh ya, then we have this ~300ft climb out that is pretty steep...6er cramped first, followed shortly by me....wow did that hurt....I cant remember wanting to get out of the sun so badly. I mean I do ALOT of rides in the heat, I will train in the heat...but in NJ, we almost always ride in the shade. This was a little different.

So a great, but tough day....We wrapped it up with dinner at a resturant called "LaSal" I thought it was excellent, so did everyone else. I took some food pics for @Norm

20180922_172008.jpg
20180922_172320.jpg
20180922_173937.jpg

Then we got from froyo and walked around the town....good day.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I forgot to add on our way back across the 4x4 trail, we ran into this group of guys with Jeeps...I think this is one of the easy moab jeeping trails....

Nice, now where is the video of bill cleaning that?

Top Bottom