Ships Log: Fat Aircraft carrier war games

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Back from KT!

Im just so not into racing this year...Which after 10 seasons in a row of racing, I can live with. Racing is really a VERY small slice of my overall cycling pie, so to have a bad race or an off year...doesnt bother me that much....There are always rocks at Wildcat that need to be ridden...downhills that I want to get 1 second faster on, etc....and of course our Kingdom trip which is utterly fantastic. This year did not disappoint. Better house, great company and at this point I have probably 1000 miles in KT so I know my way around without having to look at a map. Then add in the fact that they do so much work year to year to make the place better. The new stuff is off the hook amazing....the old stuff never gets old. I could ride the 3 Ts 100 times in a row and never get tired of it. People look at KT differently...for me, its some uphills and nice connectors on the way to some of the most fun downhills I have ever ridden on. At $75 a year for a seasons pass....its about the best bargain I can think of. This trip I did about 20hrs in 5 days and I would go back tomorrow for 20 more if I could. Big shot out to our fearless leader @Norm for putting this all together...

In other news the mustang has been progressing nicely.....

All the panels are now wet sanded and buffer out. They are putting all of the panels are the car and getting everything aligned as of yesterday. This of course leads to things coming up like....Needing rubber plugs for access holes in the car, clips and pins that need to be ordered, door seals, latches, locks, etc...lot of little this and that...But getting very close now, hope to take it home next week. I will probably have them wrap up with doing the white GT stripe now before I take the fenders back off

After looking at the $200 hack paint job that was on this car for the past 40+ years....seeing this was really eye popping for me. Im just not used to it looking so perfect...and its not there yet.
20180622_150042.jpg
20180622_150100.jpg
20180703_160851.jpg

20180711_155720.jpg
20180711_155501.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
are there ladders on the rear leafs? or were they recurved/replaced?
seems to sit high??

looks great.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
are there ladders on the rear leafs? or were they recurved/replaced?
seems to sit high??

looks great.
No ladders, just regular stock leafs (no brakes on the rear so it looks odd looking thru the rear wheel) ....Its sitting all weird bc the car is totally empty...no gas tank, glass, etc...No engine so the front end is sky high

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks awesome!

Will look awesomer when you throw on lowering springs and rimz.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
SOOOOOOOOO close now....Probably be done tomorrow or monday. Just have to finish the stripes, then buff the whole car. Which I find kinda funny bc to me it already looks like a mirror

Scott is doing the stripes today...which sounds simple, but little harder than it looks....He needs the car off the floor, but it has to be sitting on the suspension bc the gaps have to be right....so he can just pick the car up on the lift and do it. anyway...they are coming along. And he got the molding clips riveted on, another thing I wanted him to do.

god its like being hit with a stun gun seeing this car this straight and perfect after all of these years.

stripe.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can you just have the car buffed after you put it back together, in case bob throws a Batman action figure at it while you're working? How's the garage biometric access system coming along?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the car looks AMAZING!

you going to put a hitch rack on that thing? ;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can you just have the car buffed after you put it back together, in case bob throws a Batman action figure at it while you're working? How's the garage biometric access system coming along?
well there are still some small imperfections here and there that they want to fix before the car leaves....that way anything that happens after it leaves will be my fault :)

you going to put a hitch rack on that thing? ;)
Yes, but they dont make a hitch for a 67 mustang....im going to design one that I can remove the receiver

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
did we talk about my one friend who completely restored his legit RHD ITR with just about every single nut and bolt being brand new? he actually tracks the thing now. my palms get sweaty just thinking about that. thats how i feel about this, i would be afraid to even start it up and take it down your driveway

Top Bottom