Ships Log: Fat Aircraft carrier war games

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@1speed oh yes...good way to put it...bug on the windshield. I mean if im honest...and what the hell am I doing here writing if im not going to be honest with you guys.....Ya...a day like saturday...it sucks when I die out there and I know that everyone and their mother is going to be passing me. Which is why alot of guys just drop out...bc by lap 4, you know that EVERYONE is going to pass you. On that course it is was actually way worse...I mean i have died at bear creek before, but I can still ride downhill pretty fast, so it didnt look nearly so bad on paper. On this course, its a LONG LONG slog home lol. So I know at the finish line im going to be hearing some shit from my fellow racers....which of course I deserve....All in good fun though..I mean it bothers me enough that as im limping back to the car im thinking about my next training workout and how soon I want to get back to it.

I looked at your 20 min power on Strava and that explains a lot on that day for me. All that on/ off power and dangling off the back really cost me big time. I knew right from the start when we got caught out it was going to be really bad. Oh yeah that fire road where we attacked each other didn't help. Jeff had the right idea just diesel on.
Ya that wasnt the smartest strategy....I was telling @jShort...I TOTALLY underestimated how hard that course would be...I was thinking more along the lines of stewart...and that was about as far from what a stewart race feels like as I can recall. What it did remind me of though is our Allaire hammer rides...In the sense that maybe @ChrisG or @Mitch are leading and its not that they are going race pace...but if you get back of the end far enough, its a brutal workout.

@JDurk next time you see me come say hello...by lap 4 I would have been happy to pull over and sit in your tent for a couple hours.

So in other news...Hey Kade and Scott are working on the mustang again.
8fYaM2A.jpg

There were a number of small items under the car that needed fixing.

There were two spots of rust here bc the panel joints can catch and hold water...so Scott cut the rusted outer layer out and welded in new steel....
CxotW6O.jpg

This part of the floor was all caved in from what I think was someone jacking the car up on it years ago....Scott managed to pull it back out
3KdCY8X.jpg

So looks a little messy at the moment, but when all of this is done, kade is going to seal it up with Lizard skin...which is a heat/ sound deadening....should look something like this

ZAfXNgn.jpg

Oh bonus...heres the mustang ontop of a drift car
O6HgULj.jpg

In other news Bobzilla turned 3 on Monday....We had two parties for him at my house this weekend...One for his cousins..he has like 7, all boys under 5....Which..you know...just drive a goddam tank through your house and it will look the same after. Then another on Monday with his grandparents, etc. So after getting home from this hellish race and drive 2 hrs...I was instantly put to work cleaning...Good times
Bouncy houses are now cheaper to buy then rent...Great, more shit we all need to find space for and set up/break down every other day
d24NAA0.jpg

My sister did buy him this though....which is you know...LITTLE ADVANCED for age 3...but he did surprise me by getting the car around the track for a whole lap after 10 minutes of sending it into orbit. Then I put him in bed and turned some hot laps
qDE944r.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

@1speed oh yes...good way to put it...bug on the windshield. I mean if im honest...and what the hell am I doing here writing if im not going to be honest with you guys.....Ya...a day like saturday...it sucks when I die out there and I know that everyone and their mother is going to be passing me. Which is why alot of guys just drop out...bc by lap 4, you know that EVERYONE is going to pass you. On that course it is was actually way worse...I mean i have died at bear creek before, but I can still ride downhill pretty fast, so it didnt look nearly so bad on paper. On this course, its a LONG LONG slog home lol. So I know at the finish line im going to be hearing some shit from my fellow racers....which of course I deserve....All in good fun though..I mean it bothers me enough that as im limping back to the car im thinking about my next training workout and how soon I want to get back to it.

Ya that wasnt the smartest strategy....I was telling @jShort...I TOTALLY underestimated how hard that course would be...I was thinking more along the lines of stewart...and that was about as far from what a stewart race feels like as I can recall. What it did remind me of though is our Allaire hammer rides...In the sense that maybe @ChrisG or @Mitch are leading and its not that they are going race pace...but if you get back of the end far enough, its a brutal workout.

@JDurk next time you see me come say hello...by lap 4 I would have been happy to pull over and sit in your tent for a couple hours.

So in other news...Hey Kade and Scott are working on the mustang again.
8fYaM2A.jpg

There were a number of small items under the car that needed fixing.

There were two spots of rust here bc the panel joints can catch and hold water...so Scott cut the rusted outer layer out and welded in new steel....
CxotW6O.jpg

This part of the floor was all caved in from what I think was someone jacking the car up on it years ago....Scott managed to pull it back out
3KdCY8X.jpg

So looks a little messy at the moment, but when all of this is done, kade is going to seal it up with Lizard skin...which is a heat/ sound deadening....should look something like this

ZAfXNgn.jpg

Oh bonus...heres the mustang ontop of a drift car
O6HgULj.jpg

In other news Bobzilla turned 3 on Monday....We had two parties for him at my house this weekend...One for his cousins..he has like 7, all boys under 5....Which..you know...just drive a goddam tank through your house and it will look the same after. Then another on Monday with his grandparents, etc. So after getting home from this hellish race and drive 2 hrs...I was instantly put to work cleaning...Good times
Bouncy houses are now cheaper to buy then rent...Great, more shit we all need to find space for and set up/break down every other day
d24NAA0.jpg

My sister did buy him this though....which is you know...LITTLE ADVANCED for age 3...but he did surprise me by getting the car around the track for a whole lap after 10 minutes of sending it into orbit. Then I put him in bed and turned some hot laps
qDE944r.jpg

We had / have that bouncy castle but ours is 10 years old.. I've mastered the post party breakdown and roll it back up in record time... so much so that I've taught both my brother in laws how to do in record time. It's all about starting the roll up at the furthest point from the inlet tube...

Slot car track - Good on you man for getting Bob into the good stuff. We have them as well. I find I still enjoy the older tyco / aurora cars better than the cheap shit ones they sell in Toys r us now... In the day, Toys R us used to have a phenominal slot car offering. The shit they have today are garbage... they don't have strong enough magnets to keep em on the track. BUT have you seen the new digital cars? I've steered away from them in fear of getting hooked and blowing all my bike money on them. I cannot be trusted in a legit hobby shop.. between slot cars and rc cars - forget it. And Im not talking about those BS rc cars.. i'm talking full gas powered ones... If I disappear from the bike scene - troll the rc and slot car forums, you'll find me there

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Slot car track - Good on you man for getting Bob into the good stuff. We have them as well. I find I still enjoy the older tyco / aurora cars better than the cheap shit ones they sell in Toys r us now... In the day, Toys R us used to have a phenominal slot car offering. The shit they have today are garbage... they don't have strong enough magnets to keep em on the track. BUT have you seen the new digital cars? I've steered away from them in fear of getting hooked and blowing all my bike money on them. I cannot be trusted in a legit hobby shot... between slot cars and rc cars - forget it. And Im not talking about those BS rc cars.. i'm talking full gas powered ones... If I disappear from the bike scene - troll the rc and slot car forums, you'll find me there
Totally agree with you here...2 things...
1. my sister did this without telling me...which was probably good bc at 3 I would have told her to wait
2. in 5 min bobzilla had already tripped over the track like 3 times (didnt have anything big enough to put it on last night) and slammed the car into the wall about 30 times.

So if this thing last until next week, ill be shocked :)

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please tell me you are bringing the bouncy house to Mooch Madness.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hrs of fun with this as a kid. We used to do this until our cars broke, I remember begging my dad to take me to 2guys to get more cars.

View attachment 50056

As a kid fun, as an adult, it's a problem.

The state of the art in slots is now computer controlled tracks with the ability to change lanes, and run computer controlled cars.
there is the ability to speed limit (hence saving the car) and have realistic fuel consumption - ie you can run out of gas if you don't pit.
there is a pit row, with speed limit. remotes are wireless. 6 controlled cars at once, two lanes + ghost and/or pace cars

if you want to try something totally different - https://anki.com/en-us/overdrive - slotless tracks, smart cars, with virtual abilities that are earned (like speed and agility boosts)
a smartphone is used as the controller.

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bob and I put about 20 laps on the 1 car last night and its pretty much shot. This set is absolute junk, going to pack it up and take it back.

Bonus though...I run 1 car, give bob the other remote and let him think hes driving. He was super excited and the car didnt put a hold in the wall.
F9Ty3As.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

Bob and I put about 20 laps on the 1 car last night and its pretty much shot. This set is absolute junk, going to pack it up and take it back.

Bonus though...I run 1 car, give bob the other remote and let him think hes driving. He was super excited and the car didnt put a hold in the wall.
F9Ty3As.jpg

Are those really light weight, not enough magnet with wire mesh brushes? If so, JUNK...

@fidodie - That is the good shit.. Keep me away.. Bike budget killer

Top Bottom