Shimano 10 speed XT drivetrain parts, formula brakes, Stans Neo high engagement hub conversion

gtluke

The Moped
All the XT stuff was off my 2015 Ibis, I went with SRAM 11 speed.
Cranks, probably needs a new big ring. Cosmetics are meh, I ride in the North.
But they are cranks, they work. Other than the aging big ring.
You can have my bottom bracket which is probably due for replacement too.
$70
i-RJgZDw9-X2.jpg

i-fHT7mD6-X2.jpg

i-527hdbS-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Front Derailleur
Works, THIS ONE IS SLX AND NOT OFF THAT SAME GROUPSET. This was off my hardtail.
It's a bolt on, make sure you need a bolt on.
$10?
i-rZ5dj44-X2.jpg

rear shifter, free with purchase. The plastic cog on the inside is missing a tooth, you only get 9 gears out of it. I used it like this for pretty much the entire time I had the bike. Who the hell needs that 11t gear anyway?
i-tsSjfdQ-XL.jpg

Formula Oro K24 brakeset. Not off that groupset either. These are probably from 2012ish.
Works great, I think I have an extra set of brakepads for these. Going to go look.
The one lever has had a crack in it since pretty much the entire time I've owned them, never got worse. The lever just wiggles a little bit.
$50? I can throw in some used rotors too. I have a ton for some reason.
These will clean up nice, I"m just lazy.
i-SDd9WKt-XL.jpg

i-kCZZhtK-XL.jpg

i-CtJKQLG-XL.jpg

i-qWWZbJk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
6 pawl engagement hub for shimano (normal) cassette on a Stans Neo hub. These are the brand new hubs, NOT THE 330 hubs that 95% of people have.
If you buy a set of wheels from stans, you get a 3 pawl engagement hub. This is a awesome double the engagement upgrade to 6 pawl for the Neo hub. Takes literally 3 seconds to install once the cassette is off.
You get this hub when you buy the carbon rimset which comes with the ultimate hubs, or order it special. Will fit in any Neo hub.
It has probably 100 miles on it. Seriously. I just switched to the SRAM XD one.
$50
i-Nt2xKR8-XL.jpg

Those cranks are a good candidate for an EZ Off stripping and a polish job.

I have a set of 2x10 XX carbon cranks too,
$100?
The ends are in great shape because I had those protector cap thingies on em. Sometimes the ends get destroyed in the rocks.
these probably also need a new big ring.
These are actually not easy to come by. These are the 166Q factor with a GXP 24mm BB.
You'll need the 166Q factor if you have a full suspension bike, or something that fits a real wide rear tire. Most of the carbon cranks you'll find are the narrow Q factor for a race bike, which won't fit on a full suspension. 175mm length.

i-9JW4FHS-X2.jpg

i-jhN8HJn-X2.jpg

i-Th7gNL2-X2.jpg

i-SNhBmgW-X2.jpg

6 pawl engagement hub for shimano (normal) cassette on a Stans Neo hub. These are the brand new hubs, NOT THE 330 hubs that 95% of people have.
If you buy a set of wheels from stans, you get a 3 pawl engagement hub. This is a awesome double the engagement upgrade to 6 pawl for the Neo hub. Takes literally 3 seconds to install once the cassette is off.
You get this hub when you buy the carbon rimset which comes with the ultimate hubs, or order it special. Will fit in any Neo hub.
$50
i-Nt2xKR8-XL.jpg
This is for a 10 speed?

I have a set of 2x10 XX carbon cranks too,
$100?
The ends are in great shape because I had those protector cap thingies on em. Sometimes the ends get destroyed in the rocks.
these probably also need a new big ring.
These are actually not easy to come by. These are the 166Q factor with a GXP 24mm BB.
You'll need the 166Q factor if you have a full suspension bike, or something that fits a real wide rear tire. Most of the carbon cranks you'll find are the narrow Q factor for a race bike, which won't fit on a full suspension. 175mm length.

i-9JW4FHS-X2.jpg

i-jhN8HJn-X2.jpg

i-Th7gNL2-X2.jpg

i-SNhBmgW-X2.jpg
I'm not sure what this Qfactor mumbo jumbo is, but where were these a few weeks ago!?

$50
i-Nt2xKR8-XL.jpg
Will this fit on my rapid wheel? Stock from my habit...

Does it have nero or 330 hubs?
Oh well...I have 3.30s. Going from my valor's with the nice engagement to the complete piece of shit hubs on the rapids is so noticeable I thought there was something broken.

Back
Top Bottom