Shenandoah 100 9-2-2018 who’s in?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
This is IMO one of the best races on the east coast. It’s happening this sunday Sept 2. Single track for days.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I'm in as of right now. But that could change on a dime since this whole damn season has been a game-time decision for me thanks to shitty lungs and other random health nonsense. It sucks because back in January I was hoping to go for a PR this year, but I just don't think I'm physically capable this season. So as of right now, I plan to ride but my only "goals" are to have a blast ripping down Dowells and off Braley's and then make it to Aid 5 before all the pizza is gone!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I'm in as of right now. But that could change on a dime since this whole damn season has been a game-time decision for me thanks to shitty lungs and other random health nonsense. It sucks because back in January I was hoping to go for a PR this year, but I just don't think I'm physically capable this season. So as of right now, I plan to ride but my only "goals" are to have a blast ripping down Dowells and off Braley's and then make it to Aid 5 before all the pizza is gone!
That pizza is a deception. It distracts you right before the endless meadows sucker punch you in the nuts.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Since Martin wrote many words to basically say, yes I'll be at Shenandoah, allow me the opportunity to write many sentences to say, no I won't be at Shenandoah.

After experimenting with different race formats over the years, xc is the length and style of mtb racing I enjoy the most, although a short track pajama relay sounds like something I should dabble in.

Riding a mtb for 100 miles is like going to a 6hr Bruce Springsteen concert. That first 1.5hrs is awesome, the next 1.5hrs is great, after 3hrs things start to slide, by the last hour, you're like when is this shit gonna end. After the show you tell all your friends what an awesome time you had and that they missed the best show ever.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After the show you tell all your friends what an awesome time you had and that they missed the best show ever
That is me. I went to one of those, the river tour same day John Lennon was shot. Actually wasn't a fan just a free concert ticket. Was a great show and showman.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was a great show and showman.
Yes, people bond with Bruce or they don't. I've gone to one of his shows, thinking maybe I'm missing something. After the show I walked away knowing for certain that he's not for me.
His song writing and voice of his early material is good, however they both took a turn in the 80s...imo.

Sven Migot

Since Martin wrote many words to basically say, yes I'll be at Shenandoah, allow me the opportunity to write many sentences to say, no I won't be at Shenandoah.

After experimenting with different race formats over the years, xc is the length and style of mtb racing I enjoy the most, although a short track pajama relay sounds like something I should dabble in.

Riding a mtb for 100 miles is like going to a 6hr Bruce Springsteen concert. That first 1.5hrs is awesome, the next 1.5hrs is great, after 3hrs things start to slide, by the last hour, you're like when is this shit gonna end. After the show you tell all your friends what an awesome time you had and that they missed the best show ever.
Nailed it!!!
But I enjoy the Kool-Aid...

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
That pizza is a deception. It distracts you right before the endless meadows sucker punch you in the nuts.

Dave, the endless meadows won't be as bad this year. They're really a "first year" thing: if you've never ridden them, and don't know they're coming, they kill you. Knowing they're coming up is a huge mental advantage. First timers always think Aid 5 is the end of the death climb, and so they suffer much more in the meadows.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

I hear ya @pooriggy . I am the same but my body works different. I seem to have to suffer through the crappy first hour and a half til I warm up. I enjoy the long ones maybe because I endurance cones easier to me. It’s a good feeli g to pass bonkers i. The last 2-4 hours of a 100.

Top Bottom