Sharp Object On Red Trail (27 Side)...

Kangdoy

Hey everyone. There's a sharp object (looks like a broken bottom of a metal post) planted on the ground on red, 27 side, a couple hundred feet from the lot. See pics. I tried covering it up with logs as best as I could.

Attachments

• 20160820_101843.jpg
    20160820_101843.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 20160820_102418.jpg
    20160820_102418.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 283

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah thanks for the heads up and logs - tho it's probably better to try to pound it down with a rock (if you can find any around there). Those logs will get kicked away by hikers

Kangdoy

Seen it a couple times, never hit with a tire thankfully

It's been there for a while actually. Did a group ride about a month ago and it slashed a rider's tire. Since then, I've ridden by it a dozen times and never saw it until today...thought someone dug it out. Yeah, it's a good thing it's a little off to the side, but still, someone might still hit it.

Kangdoy

Yeah thanks for the heads up and logs - tho it's probably better to try to pound it down with a rock (if you can find any around there). Those logs will get kicked away by hikers

Yeah, tried to dig it out with a rock, but it's pretty planted in there. I managed to remove a piece of glass that was lodged next to it though lol!

Kangdoy

Ah, pound it down with a rock. Nah, couldn't find any large ones around there/didn't think of it at the time. Hopefully someone will though.

GHM73

Lots of erosion this past winter. Same reason there are more visable rocks and roots now. Sledgehammer works well on those old metal sign posts, etc.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
theres actually about 3 in that area. Planning on bringing a sledge hammer there, but need a young fella to swing it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions