Seems like it's been a long time...

Yesterday morning with "skinny" tires was good until I attempted to drop pressure and broke a valve stem. Plugged with a stick, which ended up holding but didn't push it.

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

How do u like rigid at RV. Less weight for climbs but harder to flow downhill?

I got out just as it changed to shit. Spent 4+ hours getting blasted by ice. Not my favorite conditions by any means. I like breaking trail in deep fluffy snow, deep enough that a fat bike is the only tool, but not deep enough to walk.

It's just a fad... don't get a fat caad...nj fat bike series isn't real.

Fat Bike series is dead this year. Everyone is going back to individual events. Mayhem pulled out to become an H2H race, and we pulled out to make a long distance event.

How do u like rigid at RV. Less weight for climbs but harder to flow downhill?

It's nice climbing on a 19lb bike, but yea the downhills really beat you up. There was a lot of slushy snow on the way out so I couldn't really go too fast going down.
On the way back I let some air out of the front and it was much smoother.
Still...If it was a nice sunny day with dry conditions, I would've taken my FS.

Went out to Deer Park on Saturday for a quick spin. The rear tire on the SS is like a banana skin, so opted for the geared HT with a decent rear tire. SOOOO glad I did. Forgot how much more effort is needed in the snow.

Someone on a fatty had the same idea, but just earlier. Had a blast out there. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain fell on me before clearing up with about 30 minutes left in the ride. iPhone took a crap due to the cold temps and shut down logging in a mere 3.8 miles. Thankfully this wasn't a BIYF ride....

upload_2016-12-19_9-53-55.png
upload_2016-12-19_9-54-18.png
upload_2016-12-19_9-54-46.png

Back
Top Bottom