Science is looking up

Just spotted the ISS, first time! Wasn't sure what to expect, buy when you see it you definitely know "that's what I'm looking for". Was higher in the horizon than I expected.

Just spotted the ISS, first time! Wasn't sure what to expect, buy when you see it you definitely know "that's what I'm looking for". Was higher in the horizon than I expected.
which direction for ISS? I'm standing outside at the moment and SE is my only unobstructed view, will try again tomorrow

It was delayed 5 mins, but nothing here either, I think it was too cloudy. Plus we have some big trees to the SE. Was a false alarm, thought we were watching it but I think it was a plane, there were 2 others not far behind. Totally fooled us!

aquired it from +10 second - came over the sourland ridge next to the towers from my view - saw it all the way to the 8 minute mark. which was into the second stage burn.

it was a very red dot compared to a plane's white. never got very high over the horizon maybe 30deg. tried to take some video, but no go.

aquired it from +10 second - came over the sourland ridge next to the towers from my view - saw it all the way to the 8 minute mark. which was into the second stage burn.
lucky you, perks of living in the sticks, caught it on nasa.tv instead. My kid was slightly disappointed

it was a very red dot
Oh yeah we were way off then. There were definitely some planes wayyyyyyyyy up there though! Never did notice them that high until tonight. Also it didn't help that someone came down my street with their high beams on at pretty much the exact moment we needed to watch the sky. Maybe the next one!

Went up to Washington Rock, with prolly 50 other people. There were some quasi professional photographers all set up. Lower than I expected on the horizon. Pretty stinkin awesome.

The red moon over the freedom tower was like the cherry on top!

View attachment 42424

Funny...I was listening/watching the same feed as it was going on, but unfortunately wasn't able to se anything from my vantage point.

Funny...I was listening/watching the same feed as it was going on, but unfortunately wasn't able to se anything from my vantage point.

A bunch of people had NASA Live video up on their phones, from what I saw it was cool at real time.

Dad: "we should use my work phone to watch this. So we don't use our data, but it's not loading at 1x"
Son: "got it on moms phone!"

Back
Top Bottom