Science is looking up

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Didn't see the rocket part of the launch, but did see the results of the chemical release.

IMG_3619.JPG

Picture worse than ISS
Which is going to be visible at 1954 this evening from the south to the north about 60deg up from the horizon at its highest (2001)
http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=27422

qclabrat

Didn't see the rocket part of the launch, but did see the results of the chemical release.

View attachment 26278

Picture worse than ISS
Which is going to be visible at 1954 this evening from the south to the north about 60deg up from the horizon at its highest (2001)
http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=27422

I wasn't able to see anything despite being near the top of the Watchung mts. Too many trees around, so horizon line is not at all visible +30 degrees or so

Patrick

Staff member
interesting pass last night. at just past "straight overhead" the ISS moved into the shadow of the earth...fade to black.
It is only about 200 miles up, or a good day in the saddle for Jim....

Going to get the binoculars out for tonight - won't be as high in the sky. 7:06pm out of the NW

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
interesting pass last night. at just past "straight overhead" the ISS moved into the shadow of the earth...fade to black.
It is only about 200 miles up, or a good day in the saddle for Jim....

Going to get the binoculars out for tonight - won't be as high in the sky. 7:06pm out of the NW

I've got a decent pair of binos for astronomy. Think we can see any detail?

Patrick

Staff member
here's steve outside taking a leak. (taken through an 8.75" telescope.)
HAL, Open the pod bay doors.

stevebowen_final.jpg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff here, wish I'd seen it sooner!
Right now just before dawn in the East is a cool alignment of Venus, Jupiter and Mars. Was really neat couple weeks ago with the waning moon. Tonight should be peak of the Orionids if you're out there. I might walk the dogs a little early (like 5am) and see what I can see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom