Science is looking up

rick81721

Lothar
100% worth the drive to the South.

Holy crap that was awesome.

Took @MissJR on some missing biking trails to an alcove on a lake in Seneca,Sc.

Crazy how the whole world around us changed and the shimmering light on the ground...

Yep totally worth it. 600 mile drive north for me but got some nice rides in. Now stuck in traffic hell but still worth it. Breathtaking

jackx

Yep totally worth it. 600 mile drive north for me but got some nice rides in. Now stuck in traffic hell but still worth it. Breathtaking
Figured you were timing a drive to NJ with the eclipse, but it soundz like you're heading back to FL.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's amazing how bright it still was with 70% of the sun blocked. I liked it, less contrast and less squinting.

I vote for the 30% sun but longer sunlight hours.
Riddle me this Batman, how many hours of sunlight would we need at 30% to get the same exposure as 100% sunlight assuming a 14hr. Cycle of sunrise and sunset.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It's amazing how bright it still was with 70% of the sun blocked. I liked it, less contrast and less squinting.

Riddle me this Batman, how many hours of sunlight would we need at 30% to get the same exposure as 100% sunlight assuming a 14hr. Cycle of sunrise and sunset.
I agree, less squinty is betterer. Blue eyes suck. I need to wear shades when it's cloudy out. :-/
We'll have to get @fidodie to crunch some numbers on this.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

tough question. if the source is cut by 2/3, the delivery might reduced by the square root of the distance.
the side of the moon that faces the earth might lead us to some conclusions. it goes from 100% sun at the full moon, to 0% at the new.
yet light is reflected from the earth upon it (think about seeing a faint moon in the sky, or the rest of the moon when it is a crescent - that is reflected light)

my gut feeling is that moving to san diego is the answer you seek.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
tough question. if the source is cut by 2/3, the delivery might reduced by the square root of the distance.
the side of the moon that faces the earth might lead us to some conclusions. it goes from 100% sun at the full moon, to 0% at the new.
yet light is reflected from the earth upon it (think about seeing a faint moon in the sky, or the rest of the moon when it is a crescent - that is reflected light)

my gut feeling is that moving to san diego is the answer you seek.
There is some algebro in there somewhere... I know it!!! :D

rick81721

Lothar

It was amazing how bright it still was with 90% blocked. Just shows how much light energy the sun puts out.

rick81721

Lothar
Traffic aftermath: Had a 380 mile drive from wiley Georgia eclipse site to a hotel in lake city, florida. Piece of cake, right? Left the site about 3:15, arrived at the hotel (after only one 15 min stop for gas, piss and food) at 12:30 am. Holy shit. But still worth it!

Hitting santos trails today on way home to venice.

Top Bottom