Saturday ride

wlee

Looking to ride this Saturday and I know its the last day for shotgun deer season so does anyone know if there is hunting allowed at Jungle? Or Ringwood ? Thanks

ktmrider

IMG_1299.PNG
Just bring your gun and chase them down on you bike Willy

ilnadi

is there a good place to look up where hunting is allowed on which days? state parks list it on their sites but not all trails are on state parks.
looks like Saturday is last good (dry) riding day for a bit, after that we're in French Toast Alert mode

Off The Road Again

I want to say, but not with absolute certainty, the following parks don't have hunting: Lewis Morris, Round Valley, Sourlands, Chimney Rock. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't want to send someone out amongst the crossfire.

qclabrat

I want to say, but not with absolute certainty, the following parks don't have hunting: Lewis Morris, Round Valley, Sourlands, Chimney Rock. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't want to send someone out amongst the crossfire.
just pay attention to the notices on the deer culling dates

huffster

They really don't make it easy for "our" purposes, as information is more so designed to inform hunters when and where they can harvest each kind of animal.

From here you can pick the animal (page down)
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hunting.htm

Select "Deer". If you page down again, you can find the zone map and the regulation set. For example, Wawayanda is in West Milford and is Zone 3, which is regulation set 2. From the regulation set file, you can read all about dates and regulations.

I like to pay attention to Six day firearm and Shotgun as those "feel like" the weapons I don't want to be shot by the most. But, I ride all the time in hunting season/zones. Its hard to avoid it. There are some places that outright close to other user groups. An example in my area is Stewart State Forest in NY. You are literally not allowed in there during what is referred to as "Regular" deer season from Nov 19 - Dec 11.

So, really you have to work a bit to figure out the situation in each location.

Disclaimer: Wear bright colors...and don't act like a deer.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Mark is right....no Saturday hunting at lew mo...and most county parks....there is some hunting there on Wednesdays in Dec to Feb

wlee

I'm switching it to Sunday. We can use the parks all year and as a hunter myself I think it's fair to let them use it the only weekend allowed for shotgun deer. I would be pissed if I was looking for a certain buck and a bunch of bikers screwed it up. Anyone welcome .........Rich ...... Wheels down at 10

wlee

They really don't make it easy for "our" purposes, as information is more so designed to inform hunters when and where they can harvest each kind of animal.

From here you can pick the animal (page down)
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hunting.htm

Select "Deer". If you page down again, you can find the zone map and the regulation set. For example, Wawayanda is in West Milford and is Zone 3, which is regulation set 2. From the regulation set file, you can read all about dates and regulations.

I like to pay attention to Six day firearm and Shotgun as those "feel like" the weapons I don't want to be shot by the most. But, I ride all the time in hunting season/zones. Its hard to avoid it. There are some places that outright close to other user groups. An example in my area is Stewart State Forest in NY. You are literally not allowed in there during what is referred to as "Regular" deer season from Nov 19 - Dec 11.

So, really you have to work a bit to figure out the situation in each location.

Disclaimer: Wear bright colors...and don't act like a deer.
It's actually pretty simple. You can't hunt with a shotgun for deer anywhere on a Sunday in jersey. Bow and arrow yes but only on wildlife management areas.this week is the 6 day firearm season for deer. The hunters only have 6 days to bag a buck. There are some zones that have a few extra days though.

ktmrider

I'm switching it to Sunday. We can use the parks all year and as a hunter myself I think it's fair to let them use it the only weekend allowed for shotgun deer. I would be pissed if I was looking for a certain buck and a bunch of bikers screwed it up. Anyone welcome .........Rich ...... Wheels down at 10
Can't I will have my man pants on that day and will be on a dirt bike :) pedal bikes are gay !
There is no hunting at Nassau ... To tech for ya ? Haha have a great ride man ! I will be back out when it's warmer

wlee

Can't I will have my man pants on that day and will be on a dirt bike :) pedal bikes are gay !
There is no hunting at Nassau ... To tech for ya ? Haha have a great ride man ! I will be back out when it's warmer
Thanks. Enjoy and don't take another spill on the motorsickle, as we get older we don't heal that well. Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom