Santa Cruz Megatower

Dajerseyrat

I dont know if anyone noticed that SataCruz just snuck in a new bike in their lineup called the "MEGATOWER" which is supposed too fill the void between the Hightower LT and the Nomad and is marketed as a long travel 29er. It looks almost exactly like a Nomad and Bronson but besides the 29" wheels, it has a few cool tricks to it such as a "flip chip' that changes the geometry by 3mm giving more BB clearance, allegedly, as well as a flip chip in the rear chain stay that is supposed to increase wheelbase by 10mm.

The travel is at 160mm all around and it comes out in a nice murdered out black, which is refreshing to get away from their last years ugly ass colors of powder blue and that hideous tan olive drab nonsense..Whoever picked the colors for 2019 line up, needs their head examined IMO.

So far the reviews have been pretty positive on this bike and the pedaling uphill is supposed to be comparable to the Hightower LT.

Someone give me a reason why I dont need 2 bikes??

Attachments

• santa-cruz-megatower-01-1552501677116-e0bu7b5ibdds-1200-80.jpg
    santa-cruz-megatower-01-1552501677116-e0bu7b5ibdds-1200-80.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 134

jackx

Cool. I heard about this and was wondering if it was real, with that name. Thanks for the info and the picture.

rick81721

Lothar
I dont know if anyone noticed that SataCruz just snuck in a new bike in their lineup called the "MEGATOWER" which is supposed too fill the void between the Hightower LT and the Nomad and is marketed as a long travel 29er. It looks almost exactly like a Nomad and Bronson but besides the 29" wheels, it has a few cool tricks to it such as a "flip chip' that changes the geometry by 3mm giving more BB clearance, allegedly, as well as a flip chip in the rear chain stay that is supposed to increase wheelbase by 10mm.

The travel is at 160mm all around and it comes out in a nice murdered out black, which is refreshing to get away from their last years ugly ass colors of powder blue and that hideous tan olive drab nonsense..Whoever picked the colors for 2019 line up, needs their head examined IMO.

So far the reviews have been pretty positive on this bike and the pedaling uphill is supposed to be comparable to the Hightower LT.

What's your current bike?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Because you likely don't need a 160mm bike.

RobW

I was waiting for a catchy video like the chameleon...

I do like mega towers of beer tho. But not even that! WTH

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hightower 27.5 plus, 150mm front 135mm rear. ( should I just get a flat black can of spraypaint and paint my current bike?lol)
rTalk, looks like you ride allaire, hartshorne and six mile, while i ride a 5010 with 140/135 and don't feel dumb riding 6 mile with it, you current bike is more, more, more than enough for those places. Adding another 10mm of travel isn't going to help at those places. Flip chip, ok, but yeah, van't imagine that is worth buying a second bike for over 4k that is basically the same as what you currently have

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hope i see that rider on the all-mountain unicycle again this year...at CR, coming off the red trail...

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That bike is made to be ridden WAY harder than most of us ride.

Buy that bike when whatever you have right now isn't enough for you when racing enduro.

Captain Brainstorm

I'm a big advocate of 160mm bikes, but my local ride is Ringwood, Wayway, Creek, and many summer missions up to VT. I hit all the features (sometimes they hit back), and routinely break my bike (and myself). I'm getting too old for this type of shit, but that's a different story. If you aspire to do the same, then get this bike, if not, then your current ride should serve you well, save your money for beer and trips to cool places.

w_b

Hope i see that rider on the all-mountain unicycle again this year...at CR, coming off the red trail...

I passed a uniwheelie guy dropping in in Hartshorne the other day. That's BA AF. If only he had a freewheel and a brake on dat BBoy, he'd be a GOD.

xc62701

That's basically the new stumpjumper. 160 mm travel bike that pedals well and has a flip chip. Interesting...

Top Bottom