Santa Cruz Chameleon Carbon

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Super horrible video, but rather than show a lot of riding, this is the first that really shows off their “factory” in SC. They don’t build the frames here, but they do pick the parts, install the BB & cranks and build wheels here.

It is notable that this is their first partnership with HOPE TECH on a bike build. Looks like they will be using Hope hubs and headset on the top end model

This bike is pretty neat as it can be run SS or geared and 29er / 27 plus.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How easy is it to swap between 27.5 and 29? Is it really just a matter of swapping the wheels?
Can I have a light xc 29er build and then throw on the + wheels and have a hardtail trail bike?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
How easy is it to swap between 27.5 and 29? Is it really just a matter of swapping the wheels?
Can I have a light xc 29er build and then throw on the + wheels and have a hardtail trail bike?
Yes, Easy as swapping wheels with the same hub/rotor setup.

Looks pretty damn copper to me.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My XtC requires zero adjustments to switch between the stock 27.5+ wheels and the Crest 29's.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe I sell my habit and hardtail for one of these. My bike shop was evicted from the basement to the furnace room and space is TIGHT.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
This adds a little more fuel to my infatuation for building a rowdier SS one of these days.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Different rear drop outs to keep bb height similar.

jdog

Shop Keep
Can I have a light xc 29er build and then throw on the + wheels and have a hardtail plus

I’d get the 27pous version as it comes w 130mm vs 120mm on the 29er. We’ve mostly sold these as 27plus so far, but in 29er it looks fun too.

This guy seems super stoked on this bike.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

They do technically offer a different drop out to optimize the geo for a larger wheel. We run the 29er dropouts with 27.5 wheels on my son's Chameleon to give it a more XC feel.

jdog

Shop Keep
They do technically offer a different drop out to optimize the geo for a larger wheel. We run the 29er dropouts with 27.5 wheels on my son's Chameleon to give it a more XC feel.
Curious how much steeper that makes the angles..

Top Bottom