Ian F

It was a good day. Started out very hot, dry and dusty. I was there to try the new MegaTower so I could make sure I wanted a L over a M. Tried the M first and while I could ride it ok, it definitely felt small. Next lap was on the L and it felt loads better, so I'm glad that is what I have on order. Then a quick line of showers came through. Not too bad, but definitely made the trails a bit greasy in spots. Next up was a L Tallboy - nice bike and similar in feel to my Primer, although the L felt slightly smaller than my M Primer, but the Tallboy is probably due for a freshening. Lastly was the local rep's personal Blur CC in L with SRAM wireless shifting and wireless Reverb dropper. All of the previous bikes had SRAM shifting and I'm a Shimano guy. I definitely like the wireless shifting better than the SRAM shifters. The Blur with a lock-out fork is a rocket. Shortly after I returned with the Blur, a second line of stronger storms came through and really dumped on us. I hid in my van and got changed into civilian clothes, which turned out to be a good choice as Jdog called it when the last of the bikes out (riders came back absolutely soaked) returned and they weren't letting anyone else out.

In all - a good day. Thanks to jdog and Santa Cruz!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good times yesterday! Lance and @jdog really did a great job.

I got to try out just about everything....Blur, Tallboy, 5010, bronson, megatower, stigmata...And while 6mr isnt really the test im looking for since I live 3 miles from wildcat, it still allows you to get a feel for how the bike turns, pedals, etc

Few quick observations....

Blur:
Man is that wireless sram setup awesome...Not sure what that set up costs, (probably more than I will spend) but I would love to have it on my scalpel
I had ridden the same blur last fall at ringwood, but the rep has since changed the fork from a fox 32 to a RS sid.....Front end felt much better and I really didnt notice any of the flex I was feeling with the fox 32.

Tallboy: I have ridden this bike several times, excellent, its about the best "does everything really well" bike I have ridden.

Bronson: So this was the CC version with carbon wheels...felt about 10 lbs lighter than the C version I took to kingdom back in may....What a difference in how much faster the bike responds and pedals. You wouldnt think of 6mr being a fun place for a bronson, but its so fun leaning that bike over and pumping it thru turns. I havent ridden one of these in the rocks yet, but I would like to try that someday.

5010: I rode this right as the rain hit, so i wasnt able to get a feel for it, too slick to push it at all.

megatower: obviously not a 6mr bike, but I was interested to see how it turned/pedaled. Its not bad, but imo, too much bike for my average ride....would have LOVED to have it at Glen park last week tho.

S/C makes some really fun bikes

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
That wireless group isn't terrible when you consider it includes everything except brakes at 2k. It's the highest end MTB group you can buy.

Xler8

That wireless group isn't terrible when you consider it includes everything except brakes at 2k. It's the highest end MTB group you can buy.

Individual components are now available as well so if you have Eagle then you can cut costs by just getting what you need (want).

Top Bottom