Sandy Hook Tomorrow 1/26

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
So I have a good long day on the schedule for tomorrow if anyone is interested in joining me. I plan on riding the loop around Sandy Hook and then head down towards Asbury Park and back. Should be 4-5 hours total, all in the sand.

Here's the loop...

http://www.strava.com/activities/106869725

If you're not sure if you can make the entire loop there are plenty of cut-out points around the Hook.

Meet in the second lot at 10am.

Please confirm so I can plan my morning accordingly.

-Jim.

Jim, was that you at Hartshorne today? I was there around 11:30-1:00 and saw some fatty tracks. One of my operatives reported that she saw a dude riding a fatty with green rims.

I indeed was. I must've just missed you because on my way I was the only tracks and on the way out I saw Dillinger/Escalator tracks.

Trail conditions were perfect, seemed like there was one of the trail run races in there yesterday. I saw some orange arrows painted on the snow.

-Jim.

Escalators. Thought you were sticking to the beach today. I've gotten 3 good rides out of this storm so far - Huber, Allaire and Hartshorne. Quality snow, for sure.

I had to do 3.5 hours, Sandy Hook took 2 so I did loop at Hartshorne too.

Jim.

I should have joined you today (for part of the loop at least :). I went to Deer Park and it was a struggle most of the time. Maybe next time...

BTW, are Bud & Lou's OK to ride in the beach?

That's a good question. I've never had a bike big enough to run them so I don't know. I can't see it being bad though?

Jim.

I think i read somewhere that someone was complaining that the Lou was kicking sand up with the "paddle" knobs. I don't care about getting sand on me but i was wondering about sand on the cassette, rd & chain. I guess i'll find out since i don't have any other tires.

Yeah. It doesn't matter what tires you run, your entire bike will be filled with sand!! I powerwash my bike after riding on the beach and parts wash the drivetrain every few rides.

Jim

I'd like to get a big group of us out there but I haven't had too much luck getting anyone to show up to my rides. I must smell funny or something?

-Jim.

Yeah, I've been trying to get to the Hook myself. Would love to join a Vree-for-all on the beach :D. As soon as there's a thaw up north and the trails go to puddin' I'm there. :getsome:

Back
Top Bottom