San Diego MTB recommendations

Blair

I'm looking to do a day trip next month, I would need to rent a bike and get a ride to somewhere. Anyone know places that do that? I saw another thread about Noble Canyon so looking at that. Going to try calling some local shops in the meantime.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been out to San Diego for work conferences three times. The first trip I mountain biked, and I hit Mission Trails twice, Sweetwater twice, and Sycamore Canyon once. I may or may not have ridden from a high school parking lot through a military zone to get to Sycamore Canyon :p I hear Noble Canyon is the shit, but I didn't make it out there. Of the places I went, I liked Sweetwater the best, but I would suggest you go to Noble Canyon based on what I've heard. On that trip I shipped my bike out there.

I rented a road bike from The Bike Revolution on the second trip and was very satisfied, but I don't know if they rent mountain bikes.

My third time in San Diego, having done both mountain biking and road biking on the two previous trips, I drove up to Orange County to do some riding. I rented a bike from The Path bike shop which I highly recommend, and I rode Whiting Ranch, Trabuco Canyon/Holy Jim, and the San Juan Trail. Whiting Ranch was good and right in town, but the other two were amazing.

I'm going to be out there for a weekend in March, but I'll be with the wife so I probably won't be riding.

DargSide

Noble canyon is awesome, highly recommend, same with mission trails and sycamore canyon

There's also a bike shop that does rentals in the Torrey pines area, I believe it's called north of the border bike shop, really cool people there

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Noble canyon, about an hour from downtown. Worth the trip out there. I did the road up and the trail down but you could out and back the trail. Either way get ready for a long climb.

rlb

I rented a road bike from The Bike Revolution on the second trip and was very satisfied, but I don't know if they rent mountain bikes.

I've rented here twice. First time was fine, no complaints. The second time the shop dude was a total douche. On top of that the bike was a turd. The cassette was worn but I didn't realize it until an hour into my ride when I finally got some hills and attempted to climb. I'd probably rent here again for convenience (few blocks from the convention center) but I'll be sure to look over the bike a bit more next time.

Top Bottom