Ryerson

pete497

My daughter had a basketball game today at Ryerson and some jackass was in the parking lot getting changed after his ride. We all got a full view, including my daughter, of his bare ass.

1. Somebody is going to complain eventually and that will be the end of parking at Ryerson.
2. It actually pissed me off and I am a mountain biker. There is no need for that if you're not smart enough to figure out a way to stay decent after a ride you should probably stick to the road bike.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hate people who so self absorbed, I am afraid of the future. I had a similar situation with hiking by old man nudist spot with the family up by KT. We were warned but the area was beautiful. Best to say something directly because it could hit to the point or better yet explain we don't live in a perfect world.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Between asshat and his bare ass, and the dickheads letting their dogs shit all over the place along the fence, I would not blame them for shutting it down.

rick81721

Lothar
I guess I don't see the outrage over seeing some guy's ass for a few seconds. If he flashed his schlong, that's a different story. The Victorian age is over...

rick81721

Lothar
School lot
Naked man ass
You don't see a problem
Do you own a daughter

No daughter, just a son, but come on, they show bare man ass in PG movies. This thread reminds me of a joke we used to play when I was 7 or 8 (yeah I can still remember some things from 50 years ago). We'd say to a friend "say hi to your knee". The friend would look at his knee and say "hi knee". We'd say "ooooo you said hiney!", like that was such a bad word.

Okay maybe if the guy had a big, fat, hairy ass I could see it...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess I don't see the outrage over seeing some guy's ass for a few seconds. If he flashed his schlong, that's a different story. The Victorian age is over...

Its just not necessary and classless. There are ways of changing your clothes without creating a scene. We are not talking about a parking lot in the middle of no where, this is a school parking lot with school related activities going on. There is a time and place for everything, getting naked in a school parking lot is not the time and place...your friends going away party on Saturday night is the time and place to party naked.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
No daughter, just a son, but come on, they show bare man ass in PG movies. This thread reminds me of a joke we used to play when I was 7 or 8 (yeah I can still remember some things from 50 years ago). We'd say to a friend "say hi to your knee". The friend would look at his knee and say "hi knee". We'd say "ooooo you said hiney!", like that was such a bad word.

Okay maybe if the guy had a big, fat, hairy ass I could see it...

There are few things more nasty than a naked hairy man-ass, but I digress. You could try using your above argument with the administration and the parents of the students. Let's see how far that gets you. And dog shit is biodegradable, right? That chicklet will probably go far too.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Everyone should own one of these. Problem solved.

But this reminds me of another great encounter I had in Philly. One night a couple of years ago, I finish up my ride and I'm getting changed in the lot at the VG Inn. I'm using my cycling kilt, so everything is staying G-rated and all that. There are a few cars in the lot, but not too many people anywhere. But I start to hear this low mumbling, like almost a whisper. At first, I can't make out what's being said (and don't really care), but then I start recognizing some of the words - stuff like "butt-naked" and "droppin' drawers" and I realize that wherever this is coming from, there's a pretty good chance it's about me. So I start looking around the lot, and about 50 feet away, I notice this guy standing outside his car staring over at me. And once I know where it's coming from, I start to make out more of what he's saying -- he's saying stuff like "Don't you f*ckin' strip down in front of my girl" and "this ain't no f*ckin' lockerroom .." And so I stop and look over at the guy and say, "Are, uh, are you talking to me?" And he just stops for a minute and kind of gives me this really angry look. And then he just goes back to his mumbling. He's got a woman sitting in the car and she's just staring straight ahead looking at the creek. But he just keeps mumbling the same sh*t in a low tone. So I just shake my head and go back to changing. And then I hear, "Don't you ignore me." At which point, I just looked over at him and said, "Look, what's your problem, dude?" And again, he just stops and stares at me. We just stare at each for like 30 seconds but he does absolutely nothing. So finally I just give up, finish changing, jump in the car and drive out of the lot, and as I drive past him, I hear him say, "That's right - you better leave."

Philly is a marvelous, magical place.

greeek32

i keep a towel in the back of my car at all times just in case i shit my pants and have to change my drawers.

i'm not really against people changing in most public places but common sense says that you don't do it in a school parking lot. same thing goes if you look around and you see a bunch of kids. it is inappropriate to be naked in front of other peoples' kids as you don't know how other people feel about their kids seeing nudity. if you're in an empty lot (that's not a school lot), i see no problem with it but as a quick precaution why not just open two car doors to block at least some of the view in case someone pulls in?

and this is coming from someone who was doing nude figure drawing at age 11.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
This is fascinating. I don't hear any of the ladies advocating for public changing, just the old dudes. I realize you've been doing your squats, kettle bells, cross-fit, and waxing your ass, but consider how silly you already look to the non-cycling population with your color coded tights, before you even drop your drawers for the grand finale.

rick81721

Lothar
This is fascinating. I don't hear any of the ladies advocating for public changing, just the old dudes. I realize you've been doing your squats, kettle bells, cross-fit, and waxing your ass, but consider how silly you already look to the non-cycling population with your color coded tights, before you even drop your drawers for the grand finale.

Hey how did you know I wax my ass? Jeeze god forbid you take your delicate little kids to pretty much any public beach outside the US where they'll see tits and asses hanging out all over the place.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I've lived outside the US, in the liberal center of the universe, Europe, and went to school there. No tits and asses hanging everywhere. There was a time and place for nudity there (had to take the good with lots of bad on the nude beaches). You get naked in the beach, clothes back on when you leave, pretty simple concept. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't a free for all of tits and asses. Perhaps this is why there is a perception amongst some Europeans that Americans are classless. Maybe getting naked in a school parking lot is acceptable in the center of your little world of awesomeness, but pretty sure it isn't in Ringwood. Best case scenario you invite an ass-kicking by some of the parents, worst case they call the cops. I'm not a lawyer, but getting busted for getting naked in a school parking lot may get you on the sex offenders list, try explaining that away on your next job int review.

pete497

I didn't write this with the intention on starting a debate. I wanted to hopefully inform people so that it could be self policed. Again there is no good outcome if this type of thing continues at Ryerson. The access will be cut off and those people will find themselves in trouble. Maybe I should have said something directly at the time to them but I didn't think it was wise.

If you happen to know who would have been there around 4:00 on Saturday tell them to get smart.

domo

i have nothing to add, other than i ride there and try to keep the place better before i leave
lot is big from where school doors are and where peeps usually park dark but with ample lot lights specially at that end
you didnt happen to notice anything else (bike/car) just his exposed parts
just saying if it were me, sorry, but im calling the perp out and writing his license plate here too

maybe the dude had an explanation, must be a reason, i hope

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
The person that does this is the same shallow minded person who rides muddy trails then complains the trails are wrecked, or who flies past a group of hikers then complains when trails are closed to bikers, or who acts like an ass while riding on the road but doesnt get it when drivers get pissed at us.

By the way, @rick81721 why does it matter if it was a hairy butt or not?

rick81721

Lothar
By the way, @rick81721 why does it matter if it was a hairy butt or not?

Ha regardless of your stance on public nudity I think we can all agree that a hairless ass is more aesthetically pleasing. Seriously, I was yanking chains - obviously it's not cool to change in plain sight in a school or any other parking lot. I was just commenting on the outrage of catching a glimpse of some guy's ass. In 95% of the planet, brief non-frontal nudity is no big deal. And monkeysoup is no Perry Mason - mooning does not constitute indecent exposure, even here in puritan US.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions