Running Man

JerseyPete

Spotted the Running Man today at 5:45PM running across Cannonball bridge over 287. He was in his standard outfit of white T shirt and white gloves.

BigDogDaddy

If he's same guy I know he's been running those trails longer than I've been riding them which would be 15+ yrs...

JerseyPete

If he's same guy I know he's been running those trails longer than I've been riding them which would be 15+ yrs...

Yep, I first encountered him around early 90's. He is as passionate about running as we are about riding. I think his name is Bill. He'd often quote NYNJTC by laws while telling me I didn't belong there.

BigDogDaddy

Yep, I first encountered him around early 90's. He is as passionate about running as we are about riding. I think his name is Bill. He'd often quote NYNJTC by laws while telling me I didn't belong there.

Yup - His name is Bill. Admit he was a bit ornery at first but after passing him dozens of times got to know him. He never seemed to care about bikes on trails - quads yes - maybe he didnt like your bike:)

I've seen him as far as Bear swamp doing a 14+ mile trail run...hard enough on a bike to do that loop but on foot would kick your ass unless you're in top shape.

Havent had much chance to ride cannonball this year but hope to hit it next couple weekends and the orange on south side of the pipeline - have to say its probably one of the best short rides around.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions