Round Valley TM - Sunday September 25th

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Putting this out there now so people can mark their calendars (or start making excuses, take your pick). I'm going to try to do 2 sessions this fall but I'm not going to commit to a second one yet before we get this on the radar.

Date: Sunday, September 25th
Time: 9:00 am
Duration: 3 hours
Where: Meeting at the park office at 8:45 am

What: Going to spend a session out on the eagle trail clearing it out. This will probably be mostly trimming/clipping and perhaps some larger cutting. We'll fix up any sections of the trail that need to be addressed from a drainage perspective as well as possibly fixing up some logovers, and so on. I imagine this trail has not really been touched by anyone in years so it may need a bit of attention.

The trail is only open 8/1 through 1/1. But there's a solid 1-2 miles out there so it adds a bit of non-brutal trail to your ride if you take it.

Let me know if you think you can go.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
In.
Anyone that wants to make a pass at it while riding, let me know

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok bringing this up again. TM is this weekend. Post up if you can make it.

@Kirt
@JimN
@rottin'
@jmanic
@rlb
@woody

I need to coordinate with the park admin but we should be able to meet at the back-end gate so we won't need to hike up & over.

Off The Road Again

Plan to be in. Will you be parking at Cushatunk lot and walking up to trail? Please let me know - I want to help out with a neglected, tho fun, trail.
Okay....need to learn how to read....Is the back gate accessible from the main entrance? When I ride there I either start at first parking lot or from Cushatunk, so not familiar with other areas to access trails. Thanks.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay....need to learn how to read....Is the back gate accessible from the main entrance? When I ride there I either start at first parking lot or from Cushatunk, so not familiar with other areas to access trails. Thanks.

I'm working out the details with the park so for now stay tuned. I'll keep you posted.

qclabrat

bummed I can't make this one, let me know if there's a second or a follow up activity j can help with

rlb

I'm likely out due to some family plans that have been rescheduled multiple times. However at this rate maybe I will be there after all. So put me under the maybe but probably not but you never know column.

solorider

Is this the trail? Hated it!
IMG_3390.PNG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Don't hate on the eagle trail!

besides, this is laying the base for our evil plan of world domination.

oh, why did you find it not acceptable (see what i did there ;)) ?

just too flat for the rv experience?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry, I don't think I can make this one.
Family stuff is kicking off earlier than I had thought.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sunday is the wife's only day off, and we were talking about going climbing outside somewhere. If that doesn't happen, then I'll be there. I'll let you know.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be there. Who's bringing the donuts?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions