Round Valley Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any reports after the storm? Is Round Valley ridable?

It's on the official closed list. That said I highly doubt it's rideable anyway as the maintenance crew there is not usually on top on things. The trails are pretty much their last concern.

Dirtdog

It's on the official closed list. That said I highly doubt it's rideable anyway as the maintenance crew there is not usually on top on things. The trails are pretty much their last concern.

Went there today trails are still closed

woody

You read my mind, checking it out as we speak, so far so good...
uploadfromtaptalk1356108686021.jpg

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You riding or hiking? Where did u park?

woody

Hiked from cush lot to troll bridge and back. A few low-leaners to duck under, but all other blow-downs have been cleared.

Somebody got 99% thru that tree near the top of the cush climb, but they must have run out of gas or something, so I finished it off with the pocket saw. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1356111890227.jpg

woody

Trails look good, I claimed.
What I gave you was false hope.
RV is a mess.

(Details & pics later.)

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Considering there's only about 7 miles of trails there, hopefully it gets done.
Although I'm not optimistic

Off The Road Again

Trail update: Rode RV today starting from backside lot, up road to boat launch to start on the trails. This section was pretty clear, but the switchback down by power lines was a total mess, several trees still down and hike-a-bike to catch the trail again. From there it wasn't too bad at all, but once we turned right at the campground fork to start up puke hill, it is total disaster! Tree after tree down in straight lines, all of them across the trail. Walking around the trees was futile, whether scouting left or right, it was just one big obstacle after another. Finally made it down to the campground road, which was clear, and took that a few miles until we were able to duck back in to the single track. Trail from there all the way back to the ridge and the long downhill and single track back to the cars was pretty clear. The mid-section of the trail system needs a lot of work- with a big chain saw!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Blah. Thanks for checking it out and posting here. Unfortunately, that's one of the places that stays drier in the winter, so not having it available sucks.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions