Round Valley Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Could just pile some logs and rocks and make a big feature to ride over its pretty tall though.

double teeter-totter?

we are going to hit the ones out of the railroad ave lot tomorrow - two on the main climb to the saddle, and one on lower yellow. might be one on red too - can't remember.
then maybe the ones on the cushetunk trail.

Fire Lord Jim

Could just pile some logs and rocks and make a big feature to ride over its pretty tall though.
MVIMG_20180321_113627.jpg

FitmanNJ

Round Valley is totally rideable currently, but the long, hilly segments have DEEP ruts generally in the middle of the trail from recent erosion. Dropping into one of those ruts going downhill at speed could lead to real bad news...

Patrick

Staff member
Round Valley is totally rideable currently, but the long, hilly segments have DEEP ruts generally in the middle of the trail from recent erosion. Dropping into one of those ruts going downhill at speed could lead to real bad news...

didn't see any of this from cush to the scout camp last week - where ya at?

FitmanNJ

didn't see any of this from cush to the scout camp last week - where ya at?
I rode from the boat launch parking lot to the base of "Puke Hill" (with a few side trips). So, the rutty erosion that I saw was on the opposite side to Cush, on the long, fall-line climbs in the northern half of the park. I should have taken some photos -- those ruts are doosies...

Patrick

Staff member
I rode from the boat launch parking lot to the base of "Puke Hill" (with a few side trips). So, the rutty erosion that I saw was on the opposite side to Cush, on the long, fall-line climbs in the northern half of the park. I should have taken some photos -- those ruts are doosies...

yeah - someone posted pics over there on fb nj mtb. it is sloppy, the climb from the south dam to the opposite side of the scout camp is always a mess -
be it wet or just washed out.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah - someone posted pics over there on fb nj mtb. it is sloppy, the climb from the south dam to the opposite side of the scout camp is always a mess -
be it wet or just washed out.

Pretty sure that property is technically in the BSA so the only option in that straight-shot-of-washout is what's there.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The scout camp is what he is talking about. It’s pretty blown out but its happened many times before. They usually repair it at some point. I know they used grant money in the past, probably where the stone comes from. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though I think the overgrowth in many spots will make the trails practically unusable in spots by summer. The only other problem area is the crossing by the pay phone. You can get around most of this and it will dry out soon enough.

qclabrat

The scout camp is what he is talking about. It’s pretty blown out but its happened many times before. They usually repair it at some point. I know they used grant money in the past, probably where the stone comes from. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though I think the overgrowth in many spots will make the trails practically unusable in spots by summer. The only other problem area is the crossing by the pay phone. You can get around most of this and it will dry out soon enough.
we were just there on Sunday, conditions were great, no water issues

Patrick

Staff member

it really needs a trench down the side, and a pipe at the cross over point....nice life scout project. who knows a scout???

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions