Round Valley Conditions

terrabike01

rode red from cush out past the back gate. trails are dry - maybe two trees that are chainsaw size.
Cleared a bunch of stuff that will eat a derailleur,
Didn't go very far past the back gate tho......
Speaking of eating a derailleur, last time we were there maybe a few weeks ago after the 1st big storm, one of my friends derailleur was torpedoed by a stick that popped up. Had to do a hike-a-bike to the road. May be hitting RV tomorrow for a ride. I'll keep you posted.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of eating a derailleur, last time we were there maybe a few weeks ago after the 1st big storm, one of my friends derailleur was torpedoed by a stick that popped up. Had to do a hike-a-bike to the road. May be hitting RV tomorrow for a ride. I'll keep you posted.

I've lost a derailleur or 2 myself at RV. You really need to keep an eye out there.

adogg

The vast majority of the trail is dry and clear of major debris, at least when heading out from the main entrance lot. My bike smells like poop as someone didn't bother to pick up after their pooch.

IMG_20180331_094026738.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The vast majority of the trail is dry and clear of major debris, at least when heading out from the main entrance lot. My bike smells like poop as someone didn't bother to pick up after their pooch.

View attachment 66350

There were a ton of downed trees blocking all over before the last snow. Are they gone?

adogg

Going west on red trail I came up on about 5 downed trees but it was easy to walk my bike either around or over.

Fire Lord Jim

I hiked Cushetunk and Round Valley today. Cushetunk has new trees down low and closer to Mountain Avenue. Round Valley has new trees down as well.

cbiker

Oh yeah and look out for sticks i lost a deraileur today as well but luckily i was nearly in site of my car.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'm trying to cut-out(ha-ha) some time - maybe thursday morning - clear cush.

cbiker

There are just two now i think in round valley between cushtunk and the group camp site. Most past the group site were cut.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions