Round Valley Conditions

Fire Lord Jim

Rode and manhauled over downed trees today. Tossed what I could off the trail. Eh, huh huh, he's a tosser.
Spoke with a Hunterdon County Park Ranger in Cushetunk who was hiking the trails assessing damage. Told him I will saw if he will let me. I should hear back Tuesday. Hopefully his allows cutting in all Hunterdon County parks.

qclabrat

Rode and manhauled over downed trees today. Tossed what I could off the trail. Eh, huh huh, he's a tosser.
Spoke with a Hunterdon County Park Ranger in Cushetunk who was hiking the trails assessing damage. Told him I will saw if he will let me. I should hear back Tuesday. Hopefully his allows cutting in all Hunterdon County parks.
Which trails did you ride?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

The cush guys are good. barely have to tell them.
Trail, town, and county peeps seem to like to keep it clear.

Thanks for getting over there.

qclabrat

jeez, charging for free labor, don't get the bureaucracy. Especially with conditions of the parks
Jim, I'll chip in $10 towards the permit if you go that direction...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think you guys are mixing the 2 parks. Round Valley State Park would probably never let any of us in with a chainsaw. From the original post, this sounds like you talked to the county people, not the state.

If you're gonna go in and cut trees off the trails I'll give you $25 from my own pocket.

Patrick

Staff member
I think you guys are mixing the 2 parks. Round Valley State Park would probably never let any of us in with a chainsaw. From the original post, this sounds like you talked to the county people, not the state.

If you're gonna go in and cut trees off the trails I'll give you $25 from my own pocket.

this is going to come out of the yacht fund?

Fire Lord Jim

Cushetunk is county Park, and the ranger was to call me back with the okay. Never got that call.
Round Valley is state park, and they will let us saw for $25.

Patrick

Staff member
rode red from cush out past the back gate. trails are dry - maybe two trees that are chainsaw size.
Cleared a bunch of stuff that will eat a derailleur,
Didn't go very far past the back gate tho......

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions